S-Works McLaren Tarmac...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mile2424

by mile2424

Not sure about the aesthetics on this one....but here's the first pic....

mile2424

by mile2424

Looks like it will be officially unveiled tomorrow. 250 bikes, each bike is made to order after getting a body geometry fit, name badge etc. Says 9-11% savings in weight. Comes with a pair of S-works shoes and prevail helmet. No word on price. Also says you will basically have to sign up through a given website, to get your name on the list or chance of getting one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

9-11% weight savings on a 900 gram frameset means the cheaper slr10 frameset is going to slay it weight wise.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

russianbear

by russianbear

For that kind of money, why would you go off the peg. Exclusivity I guess, but it looks like just another tarmac.

wingguy

by wingguy

mile2424 wrote:Not sure about the aesthetics on this one....but here's the first pic....

Hopefully that's just flash reflecting that makes the orange look yellow and it will never look like that in the flesh.

I know that McLaren F1 take a real pride in their paint schemes, they must be devastated that the first photo out makes it look so completely gopping! :wink:

jipperd

by jipperd

This will provide slightly more information

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/07/02/spe ... and-stand/

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

This Specialized marketing is getting comical. I feel like this is a subtle infomercial - perhaps they could be more in our face and just do the standard show:
"Not only do you get an overpriced Venge with fancy pinstripes and a sticker from an exotic car company on the top tube, but if you act now, we'll throw in a pair of matching shoes. That's right, TWO matching shoes!"
"No way?! Tell me more!"
"OK, if you are still not fully convinced, we'll include a matching helment*, because we at Specialized want our customers to ride responsibly (and we need those who swallow this marketing to stay living and spending!) but hurry because this is a limited offer and the 250 available are going fast"
"I am sold! Shut up and take my money!"

* Term Helment lifted from BikeSnob

LouisN

by LouisN

I'm surprised the Specialized "prosecuting crew" didn't do anything about this bike owner's name.
Guess they don't speak french... :?

:lol:

Louis :)

Danza

by Danza

Pictures make it look like it has 28 tires on it.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Louis, you can't have "Lanusse" without A N U S.
:)

Danza, I saw 28s too - "It's the very exclusive, limited, Venge gravel bike. Only 250 will EVER be made. Get in line!"

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Stolichnaya wrote:This Specialized marketing is getting comical. I feel like this is a subtle infomercial - perhaps they could be more in our face and just do the standard show:
"Not only do you get an overpriced Venge with fancy pinstripes and a sticker from an exotic car company on the top tube, but if you act now, we'll throw in a pair of matching shoes. That's right, TWO matching shoes!"
"No way?! Tell me more!"
"OK, if you are still not fully convinced, we'll include a matching helment*, because we at Specialized want our customers to ride responsibly (and we need those who swallow this marketing to stay living and spending!) but hurry because this is a limited offer and the 250 available are going fast"
"I am sold! Shut up and take my money!"

* Term Helment lifted from BikeSnob

I was thinking the exact same thing when looking at that photo with the shoes/helmet...marketing people...ROFL...sadly I'm surrounded by them at my work...along with sales people.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

While I am unable to take any offense on whatever special edition and accompanying blurb whatever manufacturer comes up with, I do take offense when they fail to level the saddle for taking pictures. Ok, the owner might like it otherwise, which is fair enough, but for the official glam shots, please ...

motormouth

by motormouth

reminds me of AX Lightness's paint job alot

also

kode54

by kode54

looks like EE Cycleworks brakes that are different from the regular ones Craig sells.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com