Trek Emonda SLR 10, Thoughts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

basilic

by basilic

Stats wrote:Anyone else thought it was weird they seemed to just jumble up the 'Madone' name to come up with 'Emonda'?

Notice how EMONDA is just one letter away from LEMOND, a brand that Trek dropped during the Lemond/Armstrong spat. Freudian slip?

PS: c'est l'EMONDA l'envers (the world upside down); I could go on...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martinko

by martinko

Daemon name does not sound bad at all. It is good name for fast aero frame :-)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

$4200 for http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/ro ... nda_slr_h1 is not bad for 690g frame with 280g fork. Last checked the only frameset that falls into this price range was Cannondale Evo.

Has anyone noticed http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/ro ... l_frameset for $1430? That's a steal for brand new 1050g frame with 358g fork.

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

ichobi

by ichobi

I hope they sell the brake separately, so we have one more decent option for the direct mount brake.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

ichobi wrote:I hope they sell the brake separately, so we have one more decent option for the direct mount brake.

I believe they have to because they don't come with the frameset only option, whereas the 6 and 7 series Madone does. Maybe that's why it's about $200 cheaper than the Madone 7 series frameset.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

uraqt wrote:I still haven't seen a Cannondale black on the road or in a shop and I have only see on Rca and one 2014 R5 ... and I live in NorCal that has to be one of the top bike Markets in the US...

C

I've seen two Cannondale Blacks racing in Cat 4/5 fields in Portland and one of the better time trialists around uses an R5ca for crits and RR. My jaw hit the floor when I saw the latter, with SES 6.7 tubs, grinding it out at one of our early season circuit races in weather I don't even like to stand in.

wingguy

by wingguy

mpulsiv wrote:$4200 for http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/ro ... nda_slr_h1 is not bad for 690g frame with 280g fork. Last checked the only frameset that falls into this price range was Cannondale Evo.

Scott Addict SL also.

Although in the UK right now Cannondale have dropped the RRP on Evo HM and Nano frames by £800, which makes them absolutely ridiculous value.

sedluk

by sedluk

I think this is great news for the weight wennie community. More competition the better.

We are all a little suspect because it is a Trek and we have all see announcements of low weights and then find that the actual product is much heavier.

I think the build is a little artificial. The AER headset is not a workable headset for most people. The wheelset is not what most weight wennies are riding and the tires are not general purpose road tires.

You get it to a bike that you can ride every day and you are up to over 12 lbs. You put on a lighter THM crankset and some lighter brakes and then you are probably back down below 12 lbs.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Edited - please refer to
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225

How much will it cost to build a ~12 lbs bike using this frameset? From my perspective spending over 8k on a complete bike falls into garage queen category, not your daily training machine.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

CharlesM wrote:
coppercook62 wrote:
CharlesM wrote:I wonder what EE Cycleworks will have to say about the new Bontrager brakes...

I had to check build list when I saw brakes. I thought they where EE.

It isn't EE...

And I don't think Trek asked (not sure).

Functionally this grabs from EE without question.

Did the EE build on the WTB/Charlie Cunningham Lever Link Brake though? Seems like the KCNC CB3 or the THM Fibula have similar linkage designs. I don't know any of the technical aspects of the patent, or any licensing agreements, so I wonder how it all shakes out.

CAFERACER

by CAFERACER

wingguy wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:$4200 for http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/ro ... nda_slr_h1 is not bad for 690g frame with 280g fork. Last checked the only frameset that falls into this price range was Cannondale Evo.

Scott Addict SL also.

Although in the UK right now Cannondale have dropped the RRP on Evo HM and Nano frames by £800, which makes them absolutely ridiculous value.

Wow, that would be great value. Do you have a web link of anyone selling one of these? I have been trying to hunt down an evo nano frameset.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

what the price difference for the Nine an Ten

donald

by donald

I posted a picture a while back of my stem. Which is a Sebastian Wetz "Coparni", it is 56.5 grams 105 mm. My bar is an older Schmolke TLO, 141 grams 44 cm. My Ruegamer frame is now almost 7 1/2 years old and at exactly 600 grams for a 54 cm frame with front and rear derailleur hangers, is a weight I don't think anyone has matched in all these years.

oldtrackie

by oldtrackie

[/quote]
Wow, that would be great value. Do you have a web link of anyone selling one of these? I have been trying to hunt down an evo nano frameset.[/quote]

Here...
http://qwertycycles.co.uk/products/cann ... c-frameset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Has anyone ridden Trek's ride tuned seatmast? I hear that it's more forgiving as far as vertical compliance than standard seatpost design.