And finally , BORA get fat?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fogman

by fogman

@Calnago. I'm about 30 pounds lighter than you. Weight is 170 pounds (+/-).
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok then, I'd say your good to go either way. But for us heavier boys, I think it's a no brainer to go the wider rim if you can. At least from my experience so far. I still want to try the 23's on the wider rim however, to get a real comparative feel between the two rims with 23's on both.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bdb

by bdb

With the current state of the Euro, the pricing on these seems hard to pass up, could get 2 sets of the 35s for the price of a set of enve's

tommasini

by tommasini

+1 - given the current value of euro vs US dollar - it's a superb opportunity to snatch up a lot of Campagnolo - not just the sweet Bora 50's - from across the pond.

em3

by em3

yes, the weak Euro means prices are great, but with the ongoing strike at Campagnolo, stock is very scarce....e.g. Ribble has no Bora 35s in stock and their price has increased by $250 compared to what I paid about seven weeks ago

morrisond

by morrisond

Are they actually shipping Bora's right now or is all production stopped until the strike is settled?

When is the strike likely to settle?

tommasini

by tommasini

My understanding was that more Bora's would be shipping early April.

That said - our host (Starbike) has a good number of the 2015 Bora 1 and Ultra models in stock at great prices!! :beerchug:

morrisond

by morrisond

Are the stickers easily removeable on the new Dark Label 50 Ultra Clinchers?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Haven't tried actually removing them but looks like it's doable. However, they are not "replaceable" in the sense they were before, where you could get a whole decal set and just stick them on. They use a different transfer process now. Lighter, faster but Warning: removing stickers could cause personal injury or even death. Lol.
Seriously though, looks like each letter could be individually removed if that's what you want.
Last edited by Calnago on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bdb

by bdb

Looks like only the Non Dark Label Clinchers in the Bora One is the only clincher available at Starbike.
I've clicked the notify me thing to be told when they come in.

dha

by dha

On bike-discount.de it lists some of the bora wheels as available from 1/4/15

Not sure if that is a guess, or if that is when they will get new deliveries after a resumption in production?

phollingswo

by phollingswo

Jedi sports had some when I last looked. As did Bike24.

Lugan

by Lugan

I don't think the One clinchers are available anywhere in any depth or decal combination. I just checked the shops a few of you have listed, and like everywhere else, they are listed but not in stock. I ordered mine from Starbike a month ago. I sent them an email asking for a delivery time, and they replied, "sorry... no clear information currently available...".

This reminds me of the Kask Protone helmet, which was also announced last summer and is just now beginning to ship 9 months later. Very strange to have delays. Is it just an Italian affliction?

phollingswo

by phollingswo

@Lugan

There was a strike at the Campagnolo factory in January I think, as they were planning on cutting a large part of the workforce. Could be partly due to that? Especially as I imagine demand is crazy for them at the moment.

If I see any pop up, I'll let you know.

dha

by dha

Jedi do appear to have 50mm Bora one tublars in stock.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com