Looking for a new steel or aluminum project

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

There was a really clean Cannondale Six13 posted in the projects section and it got me wanted to do a steal or aluminum bike project to juxtapose with a full Enve cockpit/wheel setup I have needing a home.

I've thought about having English do a build but he is currently roughly 18-24 months out after contacting him recently. Which might be a blessing in disguise since it's probably a better idea to "test run" a steal or aluminum bike and see if I actually like them.

So, any ideas on some "funner" steal or aluminum frames that would work with more modern components? Not looking to do a CAAD or Allez as that wouldn't really get the look or vibe I want. Thanks in advance.

shimmeD

by shimmeD

Steel is the way to go, Brandon.

Might be worth the wait for an English, Brandon. I've no regrets.

To satiate impatience, have a look at Tonic Fab. Like English, they have some unique features: I can visualize the 'chunkier' Enve looking awesome on a TF.
Less is more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

If I had money for a steel frame, I know exactly where I would go. Straight to Carl Strong.

http://www.strongframes.com
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Todd / "Black Cat Bicycles" has been doing unique work. If I was after a custom, it'd be from him.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Well, if you want a fast turnaround and a solid frame with some nice modern points in alu or steel you could speak to Gaulzetti. Those ENVE parts wuld have a nice home on either the steel or alu model.