Noisy Selle Italia SLR Carbino Flow

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

atmarine

by atmarine

I have had my Carbino Flow for a few thousand miles now, and it is starting to creak, and pop. I lubed with carbon assembly paste, and re-torqued, still noisy. I confirmed this again by switching to another SLR on a different bike. No creak, and piping. Can anything be done about this? Has this been a common thing on saddles with composite rails?

FWIW, I am 150 pounds max.

Thanks

kaaos

by kaaos

I had one that creaked, not at clamping area but at the point where carbon rails are connected to the saddle (at the back).
There are two slots at the back where rails enter the saddle, try lubing or gluing this area...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Arky

by Arky

I had this same problem years ago on a kit carbonio. Try some chain lube in the nose where the rails meet. If you have a circular cradle, make sure all of the interfaces have carbon paste applied even if they are aluminum. Also, if you set back a lot from the clamp, it tends to work its way back, making noise in the process.

atmarine

by atmarine

Thanks. It is coming form the nose mostly. I will try a drop or two of lube. Seems likely that that is all that is is