Best BBRight Crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SilentG

by SilentG

if you decide to go with a 24mm spindle, don't bother with adapters, and go for a proper bb like rotor offers. and look at http://www.bbright.net/ when you get a chance.

jipperd

by jipperd

You have lots of options, as you can see below. As for campagnolo, you 'can' use it with Shimano, it will work flawless (I run it for over 3 years now). I would opt for Rotor 3D+ (30mm spindle) in therms of perfect, don't look back, crank. Otherwise THM M3.

More info: http://www.bbright.net/supportingbrands.aspx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Thanks, gents....that website is good info. I will look for a 3D+. :beerchug:

53x12

by 53x12

Up selling the CAAD10 for a Cervelo. :)
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

SilentG

by SilentG

i think you're going to be very happy with the r3, until you sell it for a caad.

53x12

by 53x12

SilentG wrote:i think you're going to be very happy with the r3, until you sell it for a caad.

Truth. :beerchug:

I give it until spring 2015? :thumbup:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

alexaqui

by alexaqui

To piggy-back on the Rotor/BB questions; is it worth using the newer 3D+ on a BSA-equipped frame via the Rotor BB adapter? Any issues with that?

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Yes, That is maybe even the best solution out there. A very wide bearing stance and trouble and creak free BSA threaded cups. So they are not adapters, but real cups like Dura Ace, just bigger.

sedluk

by sedluk

The best crankset for BBright is a THM Clavicula Road Crankset with a THM BBright bottom bracket.

It is more expensive, but much lighter than the Rotor. You can install it with a SRAM or Rotor bottom bracket, the THM BB is better. I also like the shape of the THM much better, no busting open your ankles on the sharp edges of the Rotor.

toronto-rider

by toronto-rider

mjduct wrote:Campagnolo over torque! Super light and super stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can call Cervelo directly as I have, after one frame replaced and the other sent back to the shop 3 times, Campy is no longer supporting BBright. The BB right Campy cups were manufactured a tad too small.
Campy is not willing to make new ones as not many people are on Campy who ride Cervelo and Cervelo does not offer a Campy build.

I had a BBright frame that lasted a year without any issues, but over time the BB cups will fail and you will notice stciking when you pedal.
To be hones I dont know why there is not a recall on the cups, but I was left with a perfectly good Campy 11 speed crank and decided to go with Power2max and rotor crank.

SilentG

by SilentG

53x12 wrote:
SilentG wrote:i think you're going to be very happy with the r3, until you sell it for a caad.

Truth. :beerchug:

I give it until spring 2015? :thumbup:

i might take the under on that. :D