Elite leggero bottle cage

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I was wondering if anyone is using these bottle cages. They claim 15gr. How well do they hold bottles?

Last edited by ferrarista on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Oswald

by Oswald

At 60 Euro a piece, I hope they not only hold your bottle, but also keep it refridgerated...

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

I buy 16gram (claimed) Bontrager knockoffs for $11 from Aliexpress. They work just fine, and weigh 15-17 grams. I spray-paint them black, so that adds a tiny bit of weight.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

BikeAnon wrote:I buy 16gram (claimed) Bontrager knockoffs for $11 from Aliexpress. They work just fine, and weigh 15-17 grams. I spray-paint them black, so that adds a tiny bit of weight.

I didn't have the same luck with those.. they really loosen up quickly.. the real ones are much nicer but expensive.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Just wondering if anyone are using them. Not really interested in knockoffs since I have super record bottle cage at the moment.
██

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

We should be getting those on our next shipment but I worry about something with these. The resemble to previous Sior model or the old New Ultimate....they hold the bottle very well but they are a PITA to put the bottle back or pull it since the band around the bottle is closed (doesn't expand or is cut like the new Sior MIO).....if you have insulated bottles like polar or Camelbak even worst......but lets see when they get in.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Thanks for the info. Let us know how they are when you receive them.
██

Starter

by Starter

Any updates on whether the Leggero is a decent cage?
Oof.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I tried them , but returned them because the bottles were rattling alot and i use elite bottles. Every little bump you woud hear it rattle. Don't know if the set I received were a bad batch. Although the weight was good at 15 grams. I think the problem with mine was that they didn't hold enough on the top of the bottle so it would move sideways. Maybe they fixed the problem who knows.

Maybe someone else has had better luck with these.
██

Krackor

by Krackor

I've had one of these cages for about 6 months. At first I was worried when the bottle was rattling around in the cage a little, fearing it was just not held properly and would fall out often. It turns out it retains the bottle fine. It's a loose-fitting cage but it has a tight-fitting exit path. I've been using Purist bottles all season and I don't really notice much rattling sound. Maybe a bottle made of stiffer plastic would make more noise.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Exactly they are loose fitting. The bottles were always rattling and it was driving me mad. At first I thought that something on my bike was creaking. If they were a little bit tighter there would not be any problems. But maybe they fixed the problem who knows.
██

Benno

by Benno

Keep in mind the really flexible cages can put extra stress on the threaded rivets in your frame and wiggle them loose. I've gone away from the BTP cages I used to use and instead switched to the Arundel Mandible after having a few bottle cage rivet failures.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

I understand, but these cages are not flexible. very sturdy and light. Just the bottles are not tight enough in the ones I had.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted the quote. this is a reply.
██