Best Ventilated Helmet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mannymerc

by mannymerc

1 catlike
2 prevail
3 kask mojito( I just like this one)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Does the wisper plus have better ventilation than the Mixino?
I always had a climbing helmet that I removed the retention device from to cut quite a few grams from the lid. I come from old fashioned straps only helmets though.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Specialized Prevail is incredible on both ventilation and weight.

Dammit

by Dammit

I've worn the Prevail(and before that the S2 I think it was?) for years, they are good lids- however they always seem to end up wonky. I've just ordered a Mixino after some extensive "wobble testing" at a local bike shop.

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

I have the Catlike Mixino. It's the new lighter version of the Whisper. It's a great fitting helmet and has fantastic ventilation.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

by 573

esfrost wrote:Uvex Race 1 (old name: Uvex FP1). Lightest helmet ever, its 205 gramms.

The Giro Prolight is marketed at 175grams (small) 195g (medium).

They weigh up slightly less, this is a medium:

micky

by micky

My Giro Aeon medium was 198gramms but the topic is about ventilation. :wink:

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Are there two versions of the Catlike Mixino - EN and CPSC - available for sale? I wonder if the EN-version is lighter.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I've had a Giro Aeon and Prolight, but my Catlike Whisper cools much better.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

...OK, I'm placing an order for a Catlike Mixino from the EU.

I've ridden with a Catlike Whisper (not sure if it was a Plus) and liked it, but coming from the lighter Speci Prevail causes me a bit of pause.

Here goes!

Rick

by Rick

Based on the opinions here, and combined with availability and price, I ended up getting a Giro Aeon off ebay.

~197 grams; fits very well; and it is definitely the best ventilated helmet I have owned. It was an immediate and obvious improvement over the Prolight.

Thanks.

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

My personal opinion:
1. Catlike Whisper Plus
2. Specialized Prevail
3. POC Octal <--- my current helmet

Andreas

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I went from giro helmets, tried a few others and then started using the catlike whisper, then whisper plus and now the mixino. Not much difference in ventilation between the mixino and whisper plus, but the retention system is so much better. None of the giro helmets came close to the catlike for ventilation and I had the boreas, pneumo, aeon and one other.
Speedplay is the devil!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Just replaced my Speci Prevail (EN version, sz L and 230g) with a Catlike Mixino (EN version, sz L and 240g).

Aside from an annoying strap design that would rattle against my cheeks in certain circumstances at speed, the Prevail was a fine helmet. I never had an issue with over-heating in it. I half cracked the lowest horizontal element on the front after ~3 years of me pushing it against my forehead to squeeze sweat out of my headband. (Plus I don't want any Speci gear, but that's another story.)

Before the Prevail, I rode a Catlike Whisper or Whisper Plus. It worked fine for me, but the allure of the lighter Prevail won me over. Anyhow, I'm back with Catlike after reading a bunch of positive reviews on their Mixino. First ride is tomorrow morning.

I vaguely remember this being the case with my Whisper (also sz L), but I had to open up the Mixino's retention system quite a lot to fit my dome inside it. By comparison, I had to really tighten up the Prevail's retention system to get it to stay on my head. In the mirror, the Mixino looks far more compact on my head than the Prevail. However, the Prevail is no more than 1-2cm wider and longer in reality.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Looking inside my two helmets, I can see why the Prevail had more interior volume than the Mixino. Each has a sticker indicating the min/max head circumference.

Mixino: 58-60cm

Prevail: 57-63cm