HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:35 pm 

Just thought I'd update to say the system seems to be working as advertised. Props to Jeremy and all the wheel builders out there.

I packed up my wheel and sent it to my wheel builder (at my cost, but only like $10 so I'm not sweating it), and magically in the mail 2 weeks later I received my rim with fresh spokes, nipples, and DT240 hub in the middle. I went with the DT240 because it's black, the stickers can be removed to match my front ELF, and because it's just such a great hub. I would suggest that people don't get too worked up over WI versus DT. Just pick the one you like more and be done with it. They're both great.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm 

I want to give a big thumbs up to Jeremy the way they handled the replacement and rebuild of the wheel with a different hub.

A lot of companies, and we know who they are, would just pack up shop and call it a day, file bankruptcy and just walk about from the customer leaving them to hang out to dry.

Jeremy and Sarah worked to ensure this didn't happen, and went way above and beyond to do everything professional to make right the issue.

Edit: Got the wheel back. Rode this morning on the usual hammerfest, no problems. Really like how quiet the freehub is (DT240S) when coasting compared to my Tune Mag 170 and even other hubs I've had on carbon wheels. Nice change. Wheel is definitely heavier by 20gms+ or so, can feel it in the wheel in your hand, only downside. But these are my training wheels, and 1320g for a set of 40mm carbon clinchers ain't bad still.

Big thumbs up again!

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:57 pm 

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5