Felt F1 Custom paint or Cannondale Evo:

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

upside

by upside

I am torn now between purchasing one of these frames. The geometry of both frames are a tad different and leaning towards the F1. I have had a few Cannondales over the years, but hear great things on the newer Felts. I am 6' 185 lbs 58 years old and on a good day 1200+ watts in a sprint. I would appreciate some guidance. I can get a super super deal on a 2014 Felt F1.. what do you guy's think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

Buy the one that fits best.

53x12

by 53x12

I think the Felt F1 is a great bike. Just remember that while the Evo and the F1 will have a very similar reach, the stack is different. Just depends on what your exact fit is and whether you mind have some spacers under your stem or not. The F FRD is quite the frame as well from what I have heard of it.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I think the finishing quality on the F1s and the paint in general is much better on the F1s. Both review very well. The evo should be lighter - bare frame vs bare frame. Ignoring cost, which do you WANT.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

F1 has a much lower head tube than evo, really depends on how low you want to go.