Ted, please deliver my brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spookyload

by spookyload

I ordered a set of GSL micros on 21 April. Was told they were in stock and ready to ship. Ted was super friendly and gave me a $100 trade in credit on my 2005 Zero Gravity brakes. He told me to hold off shipping them till I received the new brakes. Two weeks passed and I inquired as to the status of the order. He said he was going through some personnel issues and they would be built by him and out the door. Two more weeks go by, and nothing. I called him and spoke with him the Monday before Memorial day, he assured me I would have them for the long weekend to ride. That was a week ago again. Still no brakes. Every time I talk with him he promises they are going out the door. Nada. I checked the website today, and now the price is even lower than what I paid for the brakes and he is still selling them. This is perplexing. So now I have to send my old Zero Gravity brakes in to him and still pay $30 more than if I were to purchase them today.

Here is an email from 5 May
Hi Matthew ... Headed to you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks ,
Ted

Here is one from 16 May
Hi Matt,
I am working on a machine repair but I will check on your order as soon as I get back to the office.. I think it did ship.
Thanks,
Ted Ciamillo

Called him 23 May as I had heard and received nothing and was promised they were coming by that Friday. Still nothing. I do see that instead of shipping my brakes he has had time to come here and say how he will be making things better the whole time sitting on my order.

Ted...please ship me my brakes. I had faith in your company because of the amazing performance my ZeroG brakes gave me over the last nine years. I truly believe you make a good product, but please deliver them. No more excuses, just tell me when they are really coming instead of telling me stories that you can't live up to.

53x12

by 53x12

:popcorn: Guess things never change....
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

le :popcorn:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

SDP

by SDP

Almost a cyclical thread.... Always fancied some zeroG but no way am I parting with coin for empty promises... Sorry

Mackers

by Mackers

ibtl :)

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

perhaps this thread will get deleted too :shock:
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

tranzformer

by tranzformer

bikerjulio, don't tempt Nick.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

When will people learn? Stories like this are on all the bicycle forums. Fool me once.........fool everyone ten thousand times..........well you know
Last edited by mnmasotto on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Common guys/gals, at least it's not because of one of his employee's screwed up.

excremanwu

by excremanwu

I bought a set of micro from ebay, get it in 2 weeks
really some improvements over the old model
enought clearance, work well with 9001 lever too
but setup is still not easy

spookyload

by spookyload

Quick follow up. Got an email today with a tracking number. Still excited to get the brakes. The Zero G brakes I bought from him last time have made it nine years. I am confident I will be as satisfied with this product as well.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Weeks of delays and broken promises. Then a high profile thread on WW, and the first business day thereafter an email with a tracking number - what a Coinkydink!!

Edit:
crankdxb wrote:Those tracking numbers are not updating as they were only pre-shipping info from USPS and items are not yet collected from Ted.
I thought of mentioning this possibility, but didn't, as some people think I always see the bad. But yeah, if the tracking number is just pre-shipping info for a package which has not yet been provided to the shipper, then it could be yet another false "promise"
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crankdxb

by crankdxb

spookyload wrote:Quick follow up. Got an email today with a tracking number. Still excited to get the brakes. The Zero G brakes I bought from him last time have made it nine years. I am confident I will be as satisfied with this product as well.

Had an experienced from getting those brakes directly from Ted and it was frustating. My best advice is to call or email him to cancel your order and then he will send it immediately :noidea: . Those tracking numbers are not updating as they were only pre-shipping info from USPS and items are not yet collected from Ted.
GSL 2014 works great in terms of weight & value and performance is just ok.
I ordered another GSL from Ebay after Ted's keep delaying my order and shipping was ahead for 3 weeks!

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

Ted Ciamillo is an interesting guy....I deal with him over a year,sometimes just a bit delay but in the end he still deliver me my brakes ( months later :) )

Lugan

by Lugan

Sounds like another Troy Watson.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com