De Rosa Super King???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

colster

by colster

Hello weenies, has anyone out there had any experience riding a De Rosa Super King?
Am considering buying one. Other bikes am considering are Focus Izalco, Bianchi Oltre, and BMC SLR01, all of which reviews and comments can easily be found for, but seems De Rosa are becoming a bit of a rarity these days. Feel the reputation alone warrants attention.
I don't race very often but like a racey feel to a bike. I live in yorkshire so have to contend with shoddy road surfacing a lot, but above all am looking for a bike I can spend long hours in the saddle with day after day without it being some sit-up-and-beg "sportive bike"
Any thoughts are welcome

nmrt

by nmrt

First, I do not have any of these bikes. But I did a two hr test ride on a 2013 and 2014 BMC SLR01. The 2014 BMC is in a different league than the 2013 -- snappier while accelerating, more confident while descending, and above all the ride is smooth like butter. I would buy that over a Colnago M10 and a Pinarello Dogma (both of which I also test rode).

Sorry, this may not answer anything about De Rosa. But maybe it will steer you towards 2014 BMC SLR01.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com