The all new Pinarello Dogma F8...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

micky wrote:And "fotto" is quite a funny word in italian. :lol:
funny or naughty? I think someone at Pinarello will be looking for a new job soon!! Lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

That aero crap about half the bike being "invisible" to the wind and the forks acting as sails is an amazing level of bs and misinterpretation of aero results.....even for pinarello.

airwise

by airwise

fifty3 wrote:really don't think S5 and R5 are on the same level as RCA

Price wise you are right. In terms of how team riders will perform on them however :wink:

Nothing like a new Dogma to have the usual suspects foaming at the mouth about unnecessary this and that and terrible weight penalties.

Meanwhile they keep selling worldwide and winning Grand Tours.

Hey ho.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

hmmm. so lighter than the previous boat anchors. but still not a 'normal person' frame size IMO. overpriced/overmarketed. still not that keen...

djconnel

by djconnel

Pinarellos model is to pile on enough carbon to maximize ride quality, then mislead about mass. They're good bikes but it's too bad they can't just be honest about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

As much as I loved my FPX, I have not been able to to stomach the Dogma's ever since they went carbon. I somewhat knew that it would come down to that on the evolutionary platform within the cycling world but not sure what to make of the new F8.

I understand that the squiggly forks and seatstays were not everybodys cup of tea.. but it is a trademake that made Pinarello what it is today...so to remove that trademark would be like debadging a prestigous Louis Vuitton hadbag.. Others would know that it was still a Louis Vuitton, however it just wouldn't be the same.. thats my take on the F8.

Not to mention the bowl legged fork... Hmmmm...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

markyboy

by markyboy

madonna wrote:Hi Chinarello Factory,

There is a new inspiration for you...

They most likely have it ready at the moment :lol:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Let the hate begin :mrgreen: I love it!

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

don't like it personally, the trend to make road bikes look like TT bikes does nothing for me.

Sure it would be great to ride though, and I do think it's an improvement on the wavy legged Dogma
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

nickl

by nickl

ichobi wrote:Image

I don't mind it, and I hated the old Dogma. But hmm..

Bogan

by Bogan

The similarities between the F8 and the Willier aren't exactly overwhelming. Both fine frames. Have a fondness for Willier lines.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

ichobi

by ichobi

Will these aero road bikes end up looking similar like the current crop of TT bike?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Lame review.

I'm waiting for bikesnobnyc's review. I want to know whether the new Dogma handles corners like a prostitute, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickl

by nickl

Bogan wrote:The similarities between the F8 and the Willier aren't exactly overwhelming. Both fine frames. Have a fondness for Willier lines.

It's the combination of the arched top tube and the seat stays meeting the seat tube 2/3's the way up that made me think of the Wilier.

The BMC TMR01 has the seat stay/seat tube thing too, but without the arched top tube.

I don't like the arched top tube because of the reduced clearance. My Cento SR1 has a Look-695-like top tube, which I much prefer.