The all new Pinarello Dogma F8...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mambo
in the industry

by mambo

poppiholla wrote:At first I didn't like the new Dogma F8, but it is starting to grow on me. I really love my 65.1 and the folks that are wondering why Pinarello is so good, I can say that the ride quality is brilliant. If it wasn't Team sky would have chosen another bike.
I also have an Tarmac S-works sl4 that is much lighter, but also more nervous and firm. I light bike doesn't mean a good riding bike automatically.
The 65.1 was more Pinarello. It was something different. The F8 is a better bike, but when you put a Canyon decal on it, people would believe it was a Canyon. I also don't like the seatstays below the toptube. A lot of aero bike have it, but i don't like it.
Maybe the most beautiful bike at the moment is the Colnago C60.

Team Sky are riding Pinarello's only because they are being paid 21 million euros to do so over three years. In fact Pinarello had to switch their manufacturing to a cheaper Chinese facility in order to be able to afford that sponsorship along with Movistars. You would be shocked if you saw photographs of the factory and I hazard most would be put off buying them, especially at the exhorbitant price they charge.
Owner Cicli Schiavona - hand made, custom Italian carbon frames at prices you won't believe!

www.ciclischiavona.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cicli-Sc ... 8745538716

vdrey

by vdrey

Source???

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

this is coming from a guy who not to long along was asking everyone what we should name his italian frame company ? Right... Somehow I think Pinarello is not too worried about you.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Bogan

by Bogan

fogman wrote:I am trying to talk myself out of wanting one so bad. :wink:

I talked myself out of one. I looked in my wallet and then my bank account. They were both found wanting.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

poppiholla

by poppiholla

@Mambo; there are a lot of Bulls*t stories and you just told one.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

tinozee

by tinozee

If you take the wheels off, this can also be used as a compound bow.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

poppiholla wrote:@Mambo; there are a lot of Bulls*t stories and you just told one.

He may have his figures wrong, but Sky are paid to use Pinarello, just as Movistar were. Canyon came along with a better offer when that contract was up for renewal and replaced them. That is the way bike supply in pro racing works. Highest bidder wins.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

stormur

by stormur

ultimobici wrote:
poppiholla wrote:@Mambo; there are a lot of Bulls*t stories and you just told one.

He may have his figures wrong, but Sky are paid to use Pinarello, just as Movistar were. Canyon came along with a better offer when that contract was up for renewal and replaced them. That is the way bike supply in pro racing works. Highest bidder wins.

Not exactly. Movistar was p…. angry with Pina, which delivers to SKY first/ exclusively and with better € deal . Main reason of "misunderstanding" was Bolide .

Canyon just came to "prepared ground" :wink:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

IchDien

by IchDien

stormur wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
poppiholla wrote:Main reason of "misunderstanding" was Bolide .

Does seem odd having two different TT bikes for two different teams.

Ainsy

by Ainsy

Have to say the R8 has grown on me as well. Never really liked the look of the Pinas but they seemed to have "cleaned" the look up to a more contemporary style that is a little more in alignment with the other major offerings.

Really digging the black and flouro yellow frame (953) on website but not sure how the gloss will look in real life. Saw the 954 (white) one in the flesh and looked fantastic, saw a black with red highlights and was a little "meh"

mimason

by mimason

I have the Red version F8. I saw one at my shop and decided that was the color for me. It looks great in person and I have it murdered out with Enve bar, stem and Enve Classic 65s, white saddle and white tape. Very happy with the ride quality and handling. I came from 6 years on a Giant TCR Adv SL which I still think is an awesome bike but it's more neutral feeling than the F8. I feel that the F8 is snappier, and very stiff. I can get it under 6.8kg with my climbing wheels too. Strangely, its more comfortable at the same time so I'm less fatigued after long hard rides. Its a very nice bike and I'm pleased with my purchase. I like the threaded BB as well. I'll have years of worry free maintenance and the BB is super stiff.

Regarding the Black and Flouro Yellow, a riding buddy had his before I received mine. When I saw his I almost felt I chose the wrong color. His bike is great looking. Gloss black is very nice and the color of the Fouro yellow is perfect. Other F8 colors I've seen are BoB, Black with white and the naked red. Of those three I like the Naked Red the best but that seems to be the most readily color available. I like my red bike more than ever now as I see a wave of most/all black bikes in my group.