Live Vicariously through a Weight Weenie Newbie

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dhoose

by dhoose

Long time reader, first time poster. I just purchased a Lynskey Helix OS frame and would like some input from the Weight Weenie Wise men out there. I have a very small budge to build the bike, around $2k, and would like to put together a reasonably light bike that can be upgraded (i.e. put on a diet) over the years. The build can consist of new or used parts. My initial thought was to buy a new groupset and used wheels, handlebar, etc. to save money. The only restriction besides the budget is that I want to use a titanium seat post and I already have a saddle. Also, I am intrigued by Campy but realize that it might be impossible have Campy and stay close to $2k. Any parts or tricks to save money would be much appreciated.

jimborello

by jimborello

I have the exact same frameset, Im sure you will love it. I have some pieces I wont be using from that build so if you want shoot me a PM and I could help you build it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dhoose

by dhoose

Not sure how to PM, do you mind sending me an email? My email address should be in my profile.

mjduct

by mjduct

I've gotten a campy record group for 400 and a super record group for 650, both used on this and other forums/ craigslist. There are deals to be had, look for racers on sponsored teams that get a free upgrades annually but don't get paid anything...

Look at Chinese wheels, I got a second hand set of 24mm carbon tubulars for 200 cash (had to buy a campy freehub so add 35 to that)

Just be patient and vigilant deals are there, you just gotta be the first in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk