Arm warmers & LS jerseys for long (skinny) arms

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

leguy

by leguy

Hey all

I am looking for new arm warmers and long sleeve jerseys that I can fit. My current problem with arm warmers is that my biceps are not big enough (insert funny joke here) to fill out the upper part of the arm warmers. So far I have tried Giordana and Endura.

My problem with jerseys is that my upper body probably fits a Small and I my arms would fit a Large jersey. Currently I'm wearing a Medium jersey - still it's 2-3 CM shorter than my wrist and is not tight enough in the upper body.

So my question is:

Do anyone of you know about arm warmers that I could check out, and also if you know about jerseys that are tight in the upper body, but still with long arms?

Best
Chris

fanatic278

by fanatic278

I'm liking my Bontrager ones. I've very long arms like a monkey and reasonably skinny.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

I got often this kind of problem although not having super skinny arms, but I happen to find loose arm sleeve on S jersey.
My best suggestion is to find a good tailor with a good sewing machine who can help you to get the right fit; in my own case Im very lucky to have one very close to my place and resolved many fit issue.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I would look at some compression sleves. Most of the Companies that make compression socks and underwear makes sleves as well.

I know that Compress sport and 2xu makes them.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

eric

by eric

I have long skinny arms. Voler arm warmers and jerseys fit pretty well. Even though I am 6' tall I wear size small in their shorts and jerseys. The arms on the long sleeve jerseys are long enough for me.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I am not sure what long and skinny means but I use Chapeau! warmers and they come up much tighter than the equivalent Assos ones I also own. If you call them, I am sure they will give you the measurements. Other option is to go custom - Could try Eleven Velo in Aus - prices not obscene and weak Aus$ helps at the moment. Not personally used them, but plan too I soon.

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

I am using a pair of cheap Rose arm warmers, bought 'em for around 14 euros. I am relatively tall (1.87 cm) and very skinny (around 60 kg) with long arms. So far the Rose arm warmers prove to be a great fit, and I tried a lot of them. Same as for you, the Giordanas are too loose around the biceps for me, but my girlfriend takes care of those kind of problems with a sewing machine.

http://www.roseversand.de/artikel/rose- ... aid:314046

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

And a small add on...I have the arm warmers in size small. If you want to, I can measure them, as well as my arms. This should give you a good idea.

leguy

by leguy

Thanks for the answers everyone.

Sjoerd wrote:And a small add on...I have the arm warmers in size small. If you want to, I can measure them, as well as my arms. This should give you a good idea.

That would be awesome if you would do so!

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

No problem, will do so tonight. I need someone to help me measure my arms. I tried it myself but to no avail.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

I'm tallish (186cm) with long skinny arms, I went from Assos arm-warmers to Santini ones, the latter are a very nice tight fit, and long enough.

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Circumference of my upper arm, measured around the biceps: 23 cm

Arm lenght, measured from the end of the shoulder blade to the small knob on my wrist: 61 cm

I measured the arm warmers laid out on a table. They are 45,5 cm long, 12 cm wide at the top and 7 cm wide at the bottom.

Hope this helps!

DiscoBoy

by DiscoBoy

The Fefeet Armskins should fit you well. I have a pair and find them to be excellent :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

+1 for DeFeet armskins. They are the only warmers that consistently stay up on my pencil arms.