Specialized Toupe Pro vs Toupe Expert Gel (2014)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

BRM wrote:
Causidicus wrote:2012

BRM wrote:Thank you for the responses. But have in mind: The question is about the 2014 models.
All other info about former years, which are different saddles, is pretty obsolete and only confusing.

The question is about the 2014 models

Means when you have something to say about a 2014 model I'm happy to hear.
When you have information about former Toupe's or other models, its useless.
WHY?
Former years models, are different saddles with different properties therefore it is pretty obsolete and only confusing to bring them into the Toupe 2014 models discussion.

2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014 - 2014

Why don't you contact Specialized customer service? Apparently, feedback from others based on experience have derailed you. Have a coke and a smile!
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

^ +1

from my original packaging (pulled out today) both the '14 pro and '14 expert gel have level 1 padding

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

I don't mean to derail this thread about saddles but here goes another proof of how poor Specialized customer service is. To get a list of padding across all saddles, I had to contact them 3 times just for clarification. On this note, I found out that my E5 frame will take 31.8 clamp http://specialized.desk.com/customer/po ... clamp-size. There I was, standing with handful of parts to build my Allez with 31.8 clamp like an idiot. After physical measurement, I found that E5 frame accept 34.9 front derailleur clamp. I brought thid up to their attention and they stated that link will be updated with the correct answer. I just checked my archive folder. That statement is from December 2013 and the link still hasn't been updated. It's somewhat disturbing to deal with clueless employes that brush off loyal customers. :twisted:

Sorry for noise but reaching out to Specialized customer must be last resort for us.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder