Another Colnago C60 or...?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yup. My mistake. That is indeed what the bora instructions state, to follow the tire manufacturers guidelines. Eurus have a max pressure guideline in their manual. My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

"I'm not sure why you are putting up a strawman? Saying Clinchers are tried and tested does not say Tubulars are a new invention."

So why did the comment get edited away?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Who glued on your tubulars?

It sounds like you are not very experienced in many ways, so it is possible you got someone else to do it for you. If it was a shop, go ask them for a replacement frame.

When they say that you pumped them up to 150 so it is down to you, then apologise.

willy

by willy

sorry about the accident. get another c60 though, if not u will be remembering this mishap forever. if u want to save $, get a c59 which can be found new now for good prices, by no means get something that doesnt move ur needle

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

ghisallo2003 wrote:"I'm not sure why you are putting up a strawman? Saying Clinchers are tried and tested does not say Tubulars are a new invention."

Yes, I am curious what rules my comment broke?
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

tinozee

by tinozee

I like the C60, it's a beauty and I'd love to own one. But if it's for racing i honestly would get two canyons instead of one C60. I personally have two backup bikes with full group sets ready to go. i could not trade that for one insane bike, it would not be practical because in racing even Cat2 there are idiots and crashes.

elSid

by elSid

eh, 3/10.

(Lucifer?)

LionelB

by LionelB

tubular do not get off rims just ridding along. Sorry but something else is going on here.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

@tinozee, If I were racing I'd look for an older C-50 and build that up. I've found that Colnago geometry works well for me. If I were to get another bike , it would be hard to top my c-59 that I wouldn't even attempt it, so would go custom Ti and copy the geometry.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Franklin

by Franklin

ghisallo2003 wrote:"I'm not sure why you are putting up a strawman? Saying Clinchers are tried and tested does not say Tubulars are a new invention."

I'm really curious why advicing the OP to go to clinchers makes a moderator feel obliged to delete that post without giving any reasons.

Because we all know that advicing clinchers does not imply Tubulars are bad.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Apparently the moderators have a rule that you can't reply with quote if you are immediately responding to the post above you. They sent me a message earlier, but in all honesty I didn't quite get what they were saying at the time. I also didn't quite get the controls as their is no direct reply attached to the last message, so the site design seemed to tell me that the only choice was to quote, now after looking at the page, I see their is an off to the left reply button , however it is not explicitly part of the response choice of the previous post.

And yes, don't quite get why riders are avoiding the tried and true solution of clincher/tube combination when doing basic training, group or solo rides. Seems like the op made things too complicated for himself. Unless there's a specific purpose in mind, I would go with what's known to work and be relatively hassle free.

The rule seems a bit obsessive to me, but it's their forum and they get to make the rules. Anyway off to biking now, as that's what it's really all about. Hope to do 50 miles with some nice climbing on my c-59

Mod note:

There's an instant reply post directly below the last post.

As well as the reply buttons.

Mods just keep things running as requested by the admins, admins make the rules.

Their point being, a page full of everyone makes it laborious to read. Hopefully this is explicit enough.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

kgt

by kgt

maverick_1 wrote:Ride something you seriously like, rather than "bang for the buck" kind bike.
In short, get the C60 fixed aka repaired, as suggested by most members here.

+10

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Just get a new C60. Start over. But first learn to glue your own tubulars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

A friend of mine got a new bike and purchased bike insurance. But I think given your experience you'd be better off on clinchers. You never did say why you are on the tubulars.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Franklin wrote:

I'm really curious why advicing the OP to go to clinchers makes a moderator feel obliged to delete that post without giving any reasons.

Because we all know that advicing clinchers does not imply Tubulars are bad.

Sorry, I should have been more direct in my argument and no straw man.

Clinchers are tried and tested.
Tubulars are tried and tested.

OP has been tried, tested and failed. Yes. Clinchers are a good idea.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com