Reynolds blue, black prince, campagnolo red? Best Pads for c

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Greg66

by Greg66

fa63 wrote:Some pads are just noisy during break-in and/or without some toe-in. I would imagine that Campy wouldn't market a pad that constantly screeches like that.

You're right. I took the time to set the toe in properly. No noise. Quiet as a church mouse. Lovely.

KarlC

by KarlC

Anyone try these Williams Blue Carbon brake pads ? The price is right $15 for a set of 4, I know Williams makes good quality stuff overall so I think I will try them. Last set was Zipp Gray Carbon pads, $85 for the set of 4 from the local bike shop.

http://www.williamscycling.com/2013-Wil ... p_125.html

Williams has developed the superior carbon brake pad for carbon wheels. Their unique compound allows for unprecedented performance on carbon braking surfaces. Williams Carbon brake pads are engineered to improve modulation and stopping power and increase durability.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Quick update. I just swapped from Black Prince to Campag Red on my handbuilt Carbon Cycle rims. The front rim is slightly out of true (very small bulge) and with the BP pads they pulse really badly. Given the BP pads are supposed to be very aggressive, I decided to try something else to see if I could, at least partially, mitigate the issue. I was very pleased to find the brake feel is very similar to the BP pads in the dry. Power and modulation are good. And the pulsing is very much reduced. Not tried in the wet yet. And the screaching was quite bad (though I did just swap the pads and not adjust, and the rim was newly cleaned).

All in all, very pleased.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC