Cannondale Super Six Evo Warranty Voided

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ladeira

by Ladeira

Hello..

My name is Thiago and im from brasil !!

Well i just got a brand new Cannondale Super Six Evo Liquigas.

On my first ride ( only 20km at the end of it ) i rialised something was wrong with the rear wheel and the pics shows what was it !!

The frame is defected and i can not center the rear wheel making it hit the frame. Ive seen a similar case of one guys in here with the same problem.

Thing is that Cannondale Brasil will not replace it !!!

Can anyone with a contact in Cannondale World that can help me with that ?!

I have an upcoming race i since my SRM is a Cannondale SISL i canot use it in another frame !!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

Your measurement assumes that the chainstays are symmetrical. Is that true? Also the drive side measurement does not show where you're lining up
the end of the caliper. I would not replace a frame based on these pics.

Ladeira

by Ladeira

eric wrote:Your measurement assumes that the chainstays are symmetrical. Is that true? Also the drive side measurement does not show where you're lining up
the end of the caliper. I would not replace a frame based on these pics.

I've sent them the pics where it shows where it was lining up.

I've also sent them pics from 2 other sets of wheels so there isnt a chance that the wheels set was bent or something !!!

ergott

by ergott

Sorry to hear. It could be as simple as excess paint of something in the dropout that won't alloy a wheel to stay centered. Honestly, the quickest fix is to file the dropout a little until you can center the wheel. It may sound crude, but it's harmless and less stress than anything else you've dealt with so far. If you don't feel confident, get a mechanic to do it. Hopefully the mechanic will have the proper dropout alignment gauges and it's a 5 minute job, tops.

Boralb

by Boralb

Hi,

I'm sorry but also not so surprised to hear your story.
I received my 4th cannondale supersix evo himod replacement frameset few days ago, with unaligned dropouts 2nd time!

My dealer in Turkey didn't want to struggle with my problem this time, and i had to contact directly with Cannondale.
Cannondale also didn't reply me a single word, after my mail.

I don't advice anyone to buy these expensive bikes, unless you live in the U.S. or in some main European countries, that have ability and power to contact them easily and successfully.
Because lifetime warranty only exists on a piece of paper, unless you live in the above countries that have big, serious dealers.
Last edited by Boralb on Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derek

by derek

It's pretty funny that in cycling the most expensive bikes are the ones with the most faults and problems.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Here we go again.

I have had SO many problems with my latest Cannondale Super Six Evo Di2. Cannondale kept sending replacements, but each time the replacement was worse than the original.

Issues across all the frames they sent, include;

-Rear stays not straight, so wheel is not centred (like the problem the guy in this thread is having).
-Lumps and bumps on the finish of the frame in various locations
-Scuff marks, wonky decals, etc.
-Split, malformed headset bearing seats
-A large moulding mistake resulting in a 3 inch sunken gash on the forks
-Not straight rear brake mount, resulting in the rear brake being completely out of line

Etc.

Cannondale have serious quality control issues. SERIOUS issues.

Phill P

by Phill P

Hmm were they havng this issue when they were "made in the USA"?

Can't remember who was telling me thier frames are made int he same place as Cannondale, but I wouldn't be bragging about that!
Oh might have been Al frames - I assume the CADD10 is still awesome??
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

xena
Banned

by xena

Demand a new frame. Don't do anything that could void the warranty. Stick to your guns and bitch like hell. Mention that you post on this sight and will be posting your Cannondale experience. Good Luck.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Oswald

by Oswald

Don't get me started about Crackandfail... I sold I perfect bike so I could buy my dream Cannondale... I always wanted one because they get such great reviews in the mags... Turned out I had nothing but problems with that bike.

The Coda brakes were unable to stop the bike. I had to mount grippy downhill pads to have a least a little bit of braking. But those pads needed replacement every 2 rides. The brakes also made a crazy squeeking noise.
I bent a Coda chainring just from sprinting uphill in a xc race.
The Coda chainrings wore crazy fast. Resulting in chainsuck, misshifts, ... I was so sick of it, that one day during the reconnaissance (don't know the English word) I just threw my bike off a small cliff. A couple of days later I read about that on a forum. "Oh, are you the guy who threw his bike..." :D
The rear Coda hub was toast after less then 5 rides.
The rebound on the Lefty fork didn't work from day one. The shop looked at it twice, it was sent to C'dale several times, they could not get it to work. I went to an eighty aid service centre who managed to get it working flawlessly. Those guys were awesome, but the cost was a bit high (Eighty Aid are worth it, but the fork should have been like that from day one)
I ended up spending a shitload of money fixing everything on that bike, replacing almost every component. But I was so pissed at that piece of SHIT bike, that I sold it to a friend at a crazy low price.

I worked at a shop later that sold Crackandfails where I did my best to steer customers away from Crackandfail towards Specialized :mrgreen:

mambo
in the industry

by mambo

(I worked at a shop later that sold Crackandfails where I did my best to steer customers away from Crackandfail towards Specialized)

Isn't that like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire! :D
Owner Cicli Schiavona - hand made, custom Italian carbon frames at prices you won't believe!

www.ciclischiavona.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cicli-Sc ... 8745538716

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Get a CAAD 10

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Paoloest

by Paoloest

same problem with not straight chain stays. 2 mm clearance to the left and about 8 to the right with several wheels. Cannondale sent a replacement that's good. Now I am happy but was not so happy having this problems (and to rebuild the bike once again)

clearance for srm crankset with sisl2 ist very little <= 1mm but fits ...

I think there is a quality control issue that is not acceptable for such an high end (also price) frameset. If I would not have purchased the crank with srm I would have ordered a bianchi oltre (build in italy)

giant man

by giant man

I've seen this before with this model, shame cos it's a great frame

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i had a problem with a caad 10. i bought the sisl cranks and the arms would touch the chainstay. something was off with the bb. i sent it back and bought a scott instead.