Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL discontinued?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nickl

by nickl

pdlpsher1 wrote:Anyways I do realize the aero benefit and that's why I'm riding Cosmic SLs. I want to upgrade the wheels to equal or less weight (currently at 1750g.) but with better aerodynamics. I've looked at the Shimano C35 at 1550g. however the rim profile doesn't look to be too aero.

You can't judge aerodynamics by just looking at a profile. Tiny details make big differences.

pdlpsher1 wrote: Another choice is the Shimano C50 and I like the profile (see attached). However the actual weight is all over the place, from 1710g. to 1925g. without rim strip. I've placed a call to my local shop and they are trying to weigh a set for me. I hope it's not over 1900g... :shock: I'm ruling out tubulars and carbon clinchers (too many steep descents here). I want to keep the budget at $1,500 or less.

Reynolds Assault clinchers are in that price range, and listed at 1568 grams. Full carbon though. There are some Chinese carbon/alloy clinchers available now, but from memory they are all around the 1700 grams.

If you are set on carbon/alloy I doubt you'll find better than the C50s.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

bombertodd wrote:I've ran a variety of tubes in Pacenti SL23 rim (24mm) and Flo 30 (24.5mm) and 25mm tires (Ultremo, Pro 4, Veloflex, Vittoria) with great success. I haven't specifically used the Conti supersonic tube though.

Did you see the Jet 5?
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/hed-j ... 00S-BK-CAM

Thanks. The Jet 5 looks interesting and I like the price. Now I'm really confused as my options have been expanded...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com