Giant SLR 0 Climbing Road tubeless?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stoney

by stoney

Has anyone set these up with tubeless tires? If so I would love to get some feedback. I have a set that came on my 2016 TCR Advanced Pro that I am now running with tubes. I was wondering how these wheels would work with the newer road tubeless tires on the market. Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

th8410

by th8410

I don't see why you would have any problems, were you given the wheel strips and tubeless valves? I believe these are meant to come with the wheels.
I'm looking at a set of the 55mm and they are supplied with them.
How have you found the wheels otherwise? I've heard good things but cant find any decent reviews. How is the braking?

stoney

by stoney

th8410 wrote:I don't see why you would have any problems, were you given the wheel strips and tubeless valves? I believe these are meant to come with the wheels.
I'm looking at a set of the 55mm and they are supplied with them.
How have you found the wheels otherwise? I've heard good things but cant find any decent reviews. How is the braking?

I love the wheels. They are stiff, light, spin up fast, stay true, and brake well with the Giant supplied brake pads. I bought a complete bike, TCR Advanced Pro 0, and need to see the dealer to see if the tubeless valves came with them. If so, he didn't give them to me. It could have been an oversight.