Scott Foil Di2 frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

upside

by upside

Could anyone tell me if the 2014 Scott Foil framesets are Di2 and mechanical compatible. I am starting work for a Scott dealer and would like to get on his product ASAP. I have some 9070 to move from an TCR Advanced SL and hope to get the Foil. Thanks for your help.

efeballi

by efeballi

Scott Foil frames are unfortunately specific for Di2 and mechanical. You can run the cables externally on a mechanical frame, but it wouldn't look very cool.
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

You can always make a mechanical frame to accept Di2 internally (excluding 7970 series).
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

the two Di2 specific frames are:

Foil Premium is the HMX high-end/lighter layup, slightly stiffer ride in the HT. 950gms, rear hanger/BB installed.

Foil 15 is the HMF, about 100gms heavier. 1140gms 54cm weighed with rear hanger/BB installed.

I personally switched from a Foil Team-Black/Red version mechanical with SRAM Red, to a Foil 15 and Di2 9070.

Really glad I did. Di2 is incredible, just a slight weight penalty over mechanical Red, but drop dead reliability and perfect function. Cable issues/barrel adjusters a thing of the past, along with bulky cables. Bike still comes up right about 15lbs without pedals/computer. Full weight about 15.2lbs with everything/56mm tubulars.

The ride on the Foil, particularly the HT is stiff...the Foil 15, with carbon stem/bars (Shimano Vibe I run) is tolerable. Tire pressure plays a role as well.

When I get the pressure 95psi F and 100psi R, the ride is pretty good and tolerable. Probably have about 4000 miles on Scott Foil frames and the past two races top 5 sprint finishes. So stiffness is not an issue.

The prices on used/new frames on eBay have really come down the past year now that there is a huge supply of them.

I also run an internal battery in the seat tube...stealth. Put some bubble wrap around with with a pull cord I rigged...silent-no rattles, works great.

There is another thread where I posted the weights of the frames etc...search for it.

Good luck.

cyclingburd

by cyclingburd

Foil frame weight

lbs0927

by lbs0927

foil is perfect

muntos

by muntos

Does anyone has a DI2 Team Issue frame and did installed the battery internally instead of external and if so what did you do with the holes for the external battery ? or it doesn't make sense to move to internal battery?

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

I have a Foil 15 as mentioned above, I wrapped the battery in some bubble wrap w/tape, and dropped it down into the seat tube, also rigged a wire to pull it out if necessary in the tape. Wires aren't an issue anywhere, very simple to put it in the seat tube using the internal Di2 battery. Never had any rattling or issues with it. Then I left the bolt holes with nothing in those two for the intended external/below bottle holder external battery on the DT. Just used a rubber frame plug to plug the open hole below that.

New Scott Foil has a really clever integrated bar/stem that is completely adjustable, hides all the cables, has a garmin out front mount AND, you can hide your Di2 junction box in it as well.

You can see on my frame Foil 15 the two holes for the external, then the little black grommet covering the open hole intended for the wire below that/above the big ring chain in the photos. Battery is inside the ST of course as mentioned, and the FD wire comes out below the ST water bottle holder.

Check out this link and down the page for photos of the clever bar/holes/mount/Di2 spot in this link on the new 2016 Foil.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/06/first ... cott-foil/

salesguy

by salesguy

Love the looks of that bike. Looks like my matte-black di2 tarmac...

muntos

by muntos

Zigmeister wrote:I have a Foil 15 as mentioned above, I wrapped the battery in some bubble wrap w/tape, and dropped it down into the seat tube, also rigged a wire to pull it out if necessary in the tape. Wires aren't an issue anywhere, very simple to put it in the seat tube using the internal Di2 battery. Never had any rattling or issues with it. Then I left the bolt holes with nothing in those two for the intended external/below bottle holder external battery on the DT. Just used a rubber frame plug to plug the open hole below that.

New Scott Foil has a really clever integrated bar/stem that is completely adjustable, hides all the cables, has a garmin out front mount AND, you can hide your Di2 junction box in it as well.

You can see on my frame Foil 15 the two holes for the external, then the little black grommet covering the open hole intended for the wire below that/above the big ring chain in the photos. Battery is inside the ST of course as mentioned, and the FD wire comes out below the ST water bottle holder.

Check out this link and down the page for photos of the clever bar/holes/mount/Di2 spot in this link on the new 2016 Foil.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/06/first ... cott-foil/

Thanks for the valuable information, when you say you left the bolt holes open, you didn't screwed some screws there at least ?

muntos

by muntos

Another question, I see you have a SRAM crankset, is this a 30mm axle fitted on BB86 of Foil's...?

L.E. Not think so, is 24mm after all ..:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com