Help needed for newbie, BB for Cento Uno 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WetWillie

by WetWillie

nlouthan wrote:Post a pic of the frame and/or the BB, then there will be no confusion on our part regarding what you have. Also, what does it say on the BB? Wilier labels everything.

The measurement is in mm, threads inside?
Width of the BB housing measures 93.02mm, outerside to outerside.

Sended from my SingleSideBand Sony Xperia

WetWillie

by WetWillie

Sended from my SingleSideBand Sony Xperia

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sharkman

by sharkman

Looks like a Willier with BB94.

Campa/Fulcrum crankset will fit since Willier delivers them with these

and they deliver their frameset with something like this:

http://www.twohubs.com/Product/wilier/wilier-bottom-bracket-bearing-kit/712387#.U4buWCgnjCs

nlouthan

by nlouthan

On the DS, there should be two holes on the very outside edge of the BB at 3 and 9 o'clock if looking at the BB from the side. That's where the snap ring ends go in. It goes on from the bottom. I use a pick to grab the snap ring and pull it into place. The cranks slide straight in without any spacers. Have you tried this? You might have to wiggle them if you're not pushing straight. Note that no tools are needed for pushing the cranks in. Be sure to try and pull the DS half out after you install the snap ring to make you you have it in the correct place. It slides in further than you might think. On the NDS, you'll need the wavy washer for taking up slack. Then torque down the center bolt and you're done. It is truly a two minute job.

The black plastic spacers from the link above are to run a Shimano or SRAM crank and are not needed with Campy Ultra Torque.

Not sure why there are threads on the inner most part of the BB, but you don't need them.

WetWillie

by WetWillie

nlouthan wrote:On the DS, there should be two holes on the very outside edge of the BB at 3 and 9 o'clock if looking at the BB from the side. That's where the snap ring ends go in. It goes on from the bottom. I use a pick to grab the snap ring and pull it into place. The cranks slide straight in without any spacers. Have you tried this? You might have to wiggle them if you're not pushing straight. Note that no tools are needed for pushing the cranks in. Be sure to try and pull the DS half out after you install the snap ring to make you you have it in the correct place. It slides in further than you might think. On the NDS, you'll need the wavy washer for taking up slack. Then torque down the center bolt and you're done. It is truly a two minute job.

The black plastic spacers from the link above are to run a Shimano or SRAM crank and are not needed with Campy Ultra Torque.

Not sure why there are threads on the inner most part of the BB, but you don't need them.

Hi and thank You very much for answering, there is no visible holes on the BB, I tried to locate them underneath the black paint. The outer part of the BB DS is all solid substance without holes. I mailed the dealer in Holland, hoping I could get some sollution for this matter. Fortunatelly I have Izoard so I'm not totally without bike.
Brgds, Björn