Sram Electronic Groupo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

euan

by euan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

^ You touched the new Rotor groupset? SRAM is pretty clear going to be wireless.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

TiG

by TiG

Seems to confirm the wireless at ATOC.
https://twitter.com/joelindsey/status/4 ... 9086021632

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

euan wrote:GCN saying wireless deffo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yn_U7v ... M7&index=2

I'm still a bit shocked at the new sequential shift arrangement. Sometimes I push a button on my Di2 to make sure that I'm in the correct front chainring. With the SRAM setup this wouldn't be possible. Plus one cannot shift both the front and rear mechs at the same time. Last but not least both hands are required to shift the FD. So if I have a bottle in one hand I could only shift the RD in one direction and none on the FD.

53x12

by 53x12

SRAM needs to design an EEG cap that goes on under your helmet that can pick up the electrical activity from your neurons/brain saying you want to shift gears. Have that broadcast by ANT+/BT 4.1 to the FD and RD. No need for shifters at that point. More aero and less weight. This is WW after all.

/sarc

ergott

by ergott

Um, as I said before. How is a mechanic supposed to work on the bike? How do you spin the crank if you need both hands to shift the gears?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

ergott wrote:Um, as I said before. How is a mechanic supposed to work on the bike? How do you spin the crank if you need both hands to shift the gears?

Yes this would be a major challenge. On the positive side once an electronic group is dialed in it doesn't need to be worked on again :D

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

There is probably a mechanics mode or something similar.....the Bissell mechanics would have pointed that out if not.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

I imagine they will add a front adjustment mode or something of the kind; for example you will hold down both levers for 5 seconds and then the drive side shifter will shift the front. Or you will double tap while in adjustment mode and it will shift the front. If they dont add something though I can see that being really annoying!

vdrey

by vdrey

Or maybe a remote?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Ohhh that is an interesting idea! Would absolutely love to see something kind of like Qalvin for Quarq for adjustment and trouble shooting! A wireless link with a wahoo ANT+ key or BT4.0 to do all the same things that Shimanos E-tube program does.

Shortsocks

by Shortsocks

I was very hesitant on ordering any Electronic Groupsets....that and my current frame doesnt allow it. But now, Im very interested in this. That. And I get to keep my current red crankset and Cassette as well.....I get to keep some parts. But this looks very promising.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Shortsocks, I wouldn't consider electronic: http://vimeo.com/33982309

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DMF

by DMF

53x12 wrote:SRAM needs to design an EEG cap that goes on under your helmet that can pick up the electrical activity from your neurons/brain saying you want to shift gears. Have that broadcast by ANT+/BT 4.1 to the FD and RD. No need for shifters at that point. More aero and less weight. This is WW after all.

/sarc

This has already been done years ago by Parlee and the Toyota Prius group with sensors in the helmet and Di2. Seemed to work fine too. I'm just perplexed that nothing has evolved out of that since then... Seemed to be made pretty much out of stock electronics and far from complicated.

it's all on YouTube...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWzdWMapJ-c