2015 Specialized 'New Tarmac' (not SL5 it seems?)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

So is this the same as Storck proportional tubing which earns them so many accolades? I know it's expensive, but given the wealth of Specialized, it's not surprising.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gilles

by gilles

well, i ve got one, and all i can say is, even if there s been little advertisement about it, the tubes shape is definitely different from the SL4.
the down tube s not as massive and definitely looks like a Cervelo Squoval tube.

i ll post pictures as soon as it is put together.

tinozee

by tinozee

Man, I would get one of these if they didn't shorten the seat tube on my size (58) from 55 to 53cm. It's just too short for my legs now. And the next size up is way too big all around.

53x12

by 53x12

gilles wrote:well, i ve got one, and all i can say is, even if there s been little advertisement about it, the tubes shape is definitely different from the SL4.
the down tube s not as massive and definitely looks like a Cervelo Squoval tube.

i ll post pictures as soon as it is put together.

Why not just snap a few quick pictures of the different tube shapes and throw them up here before you build it? You can also post pictures of the finished build later. :)
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

tinozee wrote:Man, I would get one of these if they didn't shorten the seat tube on my size (58) from 55 to 53cm. It's just too short for my legs now. And the next size up is way too big all around.

What length seatpost do you use?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

gilles

by gilles

[/quote]Why not just snap a few quick pictures of the different tube shapes and throw them up here before you build it? You can also post pictures of the finished build later. :)[/quote]

juste because it s not at my place anymore, but 1to 3 days and i ll post pictures

53x12

by 53x12

Don't forgot to weight it too before building. Curious minds are curious. :)

gilles

by gilles

53x12 wrote:Don't forgot to weight it too before building. Curious minds are curious. :)

i m afraid it s already too late, but i ll try

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

S-works Tarmac Uran version looks devastating, so god damn good.
Cost a great deal more than a standard paint (sadly)!
But how much could such a paint weight compared to an all black Tarmac?
Anyone that actually have the weight of a frame in size 56?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

dunbar42

by dunbar42

I test rode a 2015 Tarmac Pro Race for an hour last weekend at a Specialized demo event. I was honestly expecting more of a difference in ride compared to my Roubaix SL4 Expert but it felt very similar. I do prefer the (smoother) ride of the Roubaix with the CG-R seat post on the roads around here but I bet the Tarmac rides just as well with a CG-R installed. Love the looks of this white Tarmac and you can't really go wrong with either bike.

53x12

by 53x12

With Peter Denk now leaving Cannonade to go work for Specialized, I am excited to see what he can help do with the Tarmac. Not sure there is a better group of engineers and designers right now with Peter Denk, Chuck Teixeira, Chris D'Aluisio, Mark Cote and Chris Yu. Solid group of guys. I'm not a huge fan of Specialized, but with Denk on board now, will be exciting to see what the future holds.

funtez

by funtez

^^very interesting, having had last years sl4 I was hoping for more from this years revamp and decided to go elsewhere for now. Definitely watching this space tho thank you for the insight.

ophiravina

by ophiravina

my tarmac frameset weight:
2015 s-works tarmac frame size 56 weight 1077 gram (with the stock plastic housing, titanium cage bolts, der hanger and bottom bracket):

2015 sworks tarmac fork weight 388 gram (uncut):

s-works seatpost is 201 gram:

adapter from pf30 to 24mm for shimano crankset is 61 gram:

chain catcher 7 gram:

headset 50 gram:

expender 15 gram:

spacers 6 gram:

top cap and bolt 18 gram:

weight for the full bike with aluminium cockpit, sram force 10 speed and 50mm tubular wheels 7.04 kg: