Why is there that difference on my frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

isa

by isa

i purchased a Cannondale super six evo 2013 (size 48) last week. However, there is a difference when I compare with features and images on the official website: location of the hole for rear brake cable does not match with ones of other (frames) from the same year. I've attached a photo to illustrate. Could you please check if I've purchased a fake one or not. In case it's authentic, why is there that difference on my (frame) ?
Regards

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3730_o.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djwalker

by djwalker

The smaller sizes of EVO have the rear brake cable exits under the top tube rather than behind the seat tube like the bigger sizes. I would guess it is to give the cable more bend radius since if it came out the usual place it would be right on top of the brake on the small sizes.

isa

by isa

djwalker wrote:The smaller sizes of EVO have the rear brake cable exits under the top tube rather than behind the seat tube like the bigger sizes. I would guess it is to give the cable more bend radius since if it came out the usual place it would be right on top of the brake on the small sizes.

thank you, I have found one of the same size chassis number and see the similarities between them :)