At home Di2 install....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rma

by rma

Frankie13, yes I'm planning to use internal battery. In fact, it's the only one I have. A few guys showed in S3 and S5 that it will fit only in the seattube, not in the seatpost. You must place a foam around the battery so that it becomes tucked just above the BB

Frankie13

by Frankie13

rma wrote:Frankie13, yes I'm planning to use internal battery. In fact, it's the only one I have. A few guys showed in S3 and S5 that it will fit only in the seattube, not in the seatpost. You must place a foam around the battery so that it becomes tucked just above the BB

Thanks, that's what I thought. Internal batterie is the only way to go, so much cleaner.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rma

by rma

Frankie13 wrote:
rma wrote:Frankie13, yes I'm planning to use internal battery. In fact, it's the only one I have. A few guys showed in S3 and S5 that it will fit only in the seattube, not in the seatpost. You must place a foam around the battery so that it becomes tucked just above the BB

Thanks, that's what I thought. Internal batterie is the only way to go, so much cleaner.

Finished last week my S3 build and was able to mount the internal battery inside the seat tube. I wrapped it with foam and zip-ties. It was a REALLY tight fit in the upper part of the seat tube, but it found it's way around the BB.

I might find it really hard to remove, if needed... that will be a pain.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

You have some pictures of your finished bike?
Thanks!

2old4this

by 2old4this

To secure the internal battery I use something called "Ritchey DI2 Seatpost Battery Mount" (available in Amazon.) Though, I was afraid I may not be able to take the battery out later. So, I cut the bottom half off.

rma

by rma

For round seatposts, I use the 3T adapter which is great! You can remove the battery without effort and the fit is perfect.