SRM SISL2 in Supersix Evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Paoloest

by Paoloest

Hallo together,

I have read a lot regarding this topic.

Yesterday i installed my new (above mentioned) crank to my evo. For this I purchase the kp197/srm bearings and Cups and Used the instruction of the crank

But on drive side there is Not very much space between the bottom bracket Cup and the srm - nearly 1mm.

If i have a little - little gear there is some rubbing in the Big chain ring.

What can i do? Is there a bigger drive side spacer? On the non drive side i have installed two spacer. I own the 109mm axis.

Thank you very much and sorry for my Bad english

edit: I am a bit afraid of just putting another spacer on the drive side because I dont want the wavy washer to be flat

Geoff

by Geoff

That is the correct bearing/spacer set-up for the SRM on the Cannondale. What SRM are you running? Which bottom bracket axel? Which frameset?

On other Cannondale bikes, I have seen chain-rub on the big ring where the bike is run with a 50/34 crank. I would argue that this rubbing has nothing to do with the spacers in the bottom bracket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

A few of us have had SRM's on Evo's and assuming you have the proper bearing shield and number of spacers there shouldn't be too much issue. Here was one of the previous threads we had a couple years ago,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95019

Pictures always help as well if you continue to have issues.
Just ride ..

Paoloest

by Paoloest

I own a Cannondale supersix evo team (manufactoring date dec 2013) with an PF30 bottom bracket type cannondale KP197/SRM with the special alu cups. SISL2 crank arms and 109mm axis (nondrive side: non drive side spacer, 2 shims, wavy washer, cannondale dust shield; drive side: drive side spaver, cannondale dust shield)
It is the latest SRM (PC7) spider (standard) with praxis works (Clover) 130mm 53/39 chain rings.

The 1mm clearance between bottom bracket and spider is normal? Previously I used the cannondale spidering and there was more space. Adding another spacer is no option I guess

I will do some pictures as quick as possible

thanks for your help so far
Last edited by Paoloest on Mon May 05, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I no longer have mine but I recall tolerance and clearance was extremely tight. I had no rubbing but it was definitely a very tight fit. Doubt the photos will help but here's the old bike ..

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=96627
Just ride ..

Paoloest

by Paoloest

and you had no rubbing on big chainring?

Could the chaiin rings be incompatible?

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Like I said it was a tight fit but certainly no rubbing like that. Assuming you have the right SRM Spindle and spacers on the right sides.

The only thing I could imagine.

You could always try the new 109mm sisl2 spindle which supposedly requires no specific bearing shields etc... but there are others more qualified for that response here!
Just ride ..

Paoloest

by Paoloest

I already have installed the new 109mm sisl2 spindle. :-/

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

I'm running SiSL2, SRM and Praxis 'Clover' rings on a BB30 frame (CAAD10) - from memory 2 shim washers + the standard DS and Non-DS spacers in place. I've always had slight chain rub on the 53 when cross chaining 39-11. It's never been a problem because I don't cross chain 39-11...
Last edited by tcurtbike on Tue May 06, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paoloest

by Paoloest

I won't and did not use it - but I wondered if this is normal (I own the clover as well - changed it above)

How much space is between the bottom bracket/frame and the srm at your bike? only 1 mm as well?

Paoloest

by Paoloest

Enclosed some picturesImageImageImageImageImage

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

Cross chaining 39-11:
Clearance:
Photos aren't taken exactly perpendicular, so the gap appears a bit wider than it actually is. I would say it's around 2.5mm as the DS spacer is 2.5mm.
As long as you're following the Cannondale SiSL2 guide and using the correct parts for SiSL2 cranks (KP248 is the BB kit for press fit) you shouldn't have any issues. Unlike Si and SiSL cranks, there are no SRM specific parts for SiSL2, it's compatible out of the box - just replace the Spidering with the SRM and follow the guide below:

EDIT: BTW, you have a nice looking bike, you should post some pics in the Introduce Yourself/Gallery!

Paoloest

by Paoloest

Hey.
Thanks for the pictures of your bike. Looks like lot More Space.

The Problem regarding the srm specific bottom bracket is that the bearings are not ending in line with the bearing Cups - they are a but Deeper in the Frame so I am loosing a Bit of space to compensate this.
Question is if I should install One spacer in drive side to get more clearance.

Thanks again
Paul

Ps: i will introduce myself asap. Thanks for the nice words regarding the bike ;-)

Paoloest

by Paoloest

No one of the susi owners the same problem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com