wheels and input for upcoming build (Focus Izalco Team SL)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chiltonp

by chiltonp

Snagged this frameset on ebay without knowing too much about them. Groupset will probably be Force 22 as this will be a budget build but open to ideas.

Any advice on lightweight alloy clinchers for the build? Something in the 1400g range and ~$1000. So far considering HED Ardennes SL, DA 9000 C24, or Industry Nine I25.

Any feedback on the I9's? I know they are less of a well known brand, but they get good feedback from what I hear. Do the benefits of a wider rim on the HED and I9 truly trump the weight penalty over the C24's?

Also does anyone have any real-world feedback on these frames? Lastly should I go white or black tape and saddle.

Thanks for the input and ideas.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I would go with a wider rim like the HED, A23, Pacenti, etc. Probably the HED Ardennes Plus since they are 25mm+ in external width. The difference is noticeable, and trumps 100g of weight difference, imho.

EDIT: I meant to add that the I9 appears overpriced to me.....I would much rather put that sort of money into a known quantity like the HEDs.....or you could get a set of Pacenti's laced to decent enough hubs for MUCH less.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com