Internal frame cabling- Running the full gear housing inside

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

athletic91

by athletic91

So i have bought a polygon helios A8.0x from a fellow cyclist. He bought it as a di2 complete bike, however the frame was mechanically ready just that it did not have the proper mech cable stops and under BB cable guide . The normal A8.0 frame has the mech cable stops which i need. The distributor told me they will source the required parts for me however I need to have a back up plan should they fail. I have tested the holes to be big enough to run the full gear housings, however it is the FD cable that is my worry as the FD dosent have a "housing stopper" unlike the Rd. Any inputs are welcome :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Specialized Part# S132000002 may help you out. I purchased a set a few months ago. Might take a little butchery to get it to work, but then again, it might be a big wast of money. I honestly forgot how much it was, but I was not shocked at the price so it must have been fair/expected.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/specia ... 18129.html Post #15 shows a picture of what you get.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Giant has these

There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Megaclocker

by Megaclocker

Maybe riveting a bottle cage insert on the seattube (at the bottom) and installing a cable stop on it ?

duvivr6

by duvivr6

My old Blue Ac1 had full brake housing running thru the top tube (that how it came stock.) and other than weight it worked great.

I know this might be the costly solution but why not go Di2 :mrgreen:

athletic91

by athletic91

Still waiting for the shop for the part.

@duvivr6 Due to financial reasons and I prefer mechanical systems... Besides all the folks riding this brand are on shimano (as it comes on stock bikes at great prices), my would be one the few sram equipped ones:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

athletic91

by athletic91

Just some updates, the rd shifting works as there is a housing stop both at the rd and the shifters providing the shifter housing with compression. However the fd shifting can't as there is no housing stop at the Fd= no compression. If the LBS can't source the frame housing plastic stops, i will probably take the housing stops from the rear brake for the fd use and just use a full housing for the rear brake just like the rd.