Which PF 30 bottom bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Teletori

by Teletori

Does the Chris King PF30 sleeve give enough room for Di2 wires?

Going to put a bottom bracket like this om my FF, and is a bit hesitant about having cables rubbing on axle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

I would have thought that any sleeve which is of a smaller diametre than the cups of the BB will give enough room for the cables...

by 11.4

I have two frames, both with King PF30 bottom brackets, and both fit the wires no problem. I'm not sure what the issue is. There's quite a bit of room between the diameter of the shell and the diameter of the bottom bracket sleeve.

Teletori

by Teletori

Thanks!

Looking at pictures, it does not look like there is room, but good to have confirmed it will fit.

Cheers
Tori

allenpg

by allenpg

Plenty of room on the Evo Di2 with the CK BB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Slightly off topic, but I just ordered a Wheels Manufacturing BB86/92 bottom bracket, so it is similar in design to the PF30 but just a different size. I went with the Angular Contact bearings as the ceramics were out of stock.

I have not yet installed it as my new frame has not yet arrived, but the quality seems pretty good. Have not had a chance to weigh it either. I went with the Wheels Manufacturing because the angular contact bearings are supposed to be better than the basic Sram steel bearings. And the Sram ceramic is ridiculously priced.

I also like that I can replace just the bearings in the future, which is like $22 for angular contact, and a bit more for ceramic.

(As a side note, I got it really cheap from a buddy and he did not have access to CK parts through his distributor.)

I'll post an update in a few weeks to let you know how it's working.