AX-Lightness Brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JTC

by JTC

Just spoke with Posh Bikes this AM and its seems as if AX still does not have all the tooling to produce the carbon brakes. Originaly I was expecting to see the brakes at the beginning of the year, but that will not happen obviously. Sounds like it will be after the Spring before they materialize if they ever do at all. I am giving up on them for the time being and getting a set of Zero gravity brakes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mises

by mises

I am glad to hear of the delay. I was starting to think about getting some and the rest of my brain was worried about me.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

I find it frustrating that a company will issue advertisements for a product, take advance orders, tell everyone that said product is being shipped by a certain date and then we get this-they don't even have the tooling to make the things.
AX-lightness is not the only one guilty of this. In our zeal to get our hands on the latest cutting edge equipment we wind up putting our faith incompanies that have no customer service to speak of. The fact that people have to come to websites such as weightweenies and complain to then have their grievances dealt with is just sad. The guy from Zero Gravity brakes has it right-customer service is what makes or breaks a company, and you better believe I will be putting the Zero gravity brakes on my bikes before I even consider any other product from any other company.
Imagine a guy like Mr. Crumpton telling me during our e-mail conversations that whenever I can make it to the Austin Texas area he will be more than happy to see me personally. This is one of the (and probably the strongest) reasons why I am considering his carbon frame. You figure some people in the industry would have the customer service thing figured out by now. It's not that difficult.

Terminator

by Terminator

But these brakes are pure sex, don´t you think?
Attachments
ax.jpg