105 5700 shifters and ultegra 6700 rear deraileur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DMF

by DMF

I bet the housing is not properly seated in the shifter. If I had to take an uninformed guess... Do all initial gear adjustments without bar tape and without taping the housing to the bars, then tape housing and wrap bars without being in small-small so there is proper tension on the cables. Don't overdo the wrapping tension or you'll crush the housing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

treetrees

by treetrees

ok thanks for all the replies , i have just checked the hanger and it is spot on , the cables were all changed when the parts were fitted and all parts are new and not second hand .I will check that the cable is in the shifter properly and if it is i will try a different set. May try a 11sp chain or a shimano 10sp . I'm wondering if the deraileur is out slightly .

treetrees

by treetrees

Ok all ,had my setup checked by my lbs and confirmed my derailleur hanger was spot on and said he could find nothing wrong , i tried to explain the noisy idling when in the lower gears and he said 10spd is like that, but me being finicky disagreed ,so i bought a dura ace 9000 chain and stuck it on and hey presto it was sorted . So thanks to all for your suggestions