New Garmin Edge 1000

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hbrown

by Hbrown

I just printed out the instructions for the segment builder. I messed up big time last night. I cant find where I can get the file from on connect. I pasted in one segment and your program found it. I exported it to my computer (downloaded). and here it sits. where on connect can I put it to download it to my 1000. It seems like everything on connect is hidden. I can't find anything!

I will try again with instructions in hand. I just can't find what I need on connect. Can you give me a tutorial for using connect, to get the segment on my Garmin. Thanks

and of course I will donate on Paypal.

nibby

by nibby

This is what I was talking about

http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/2014/08/garmin-announces-partnerships-with-leading-fitness-applications-strava-mapmyfitness-and-endomondo.html#.U9__shEg_X5

It will be interesting if Garmin allow you to see Strava segments on it's units. Probably a Garmin 1001 :)

nibby wrote:This is interesting.

I uploaded tonight's ride to Strava from my Garmin 800 all as normal.

Now I've just logged into Garmin Connect which is giving me a new interface that I haven't seen before. I actually really like it.
Anyway I didn't have the 800 attached at the time as I had already uploaded to Strava but Garmin Connect was showing me tonight's ride with stats etc.

I has a look at the Segments section but it was only showing one section on my ride but it did say
"We're currently experiencing a high volume of segment activity. It may take a few days to process your activity and match it to the segments you crossed"

So Garmin Connect has automatically uploaded my ride from Strava tonight and the message above seems to suggest they might also be transferring segments from Strava??

Anyone else experienced this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ sträva segments on garmin.... nope that is not what this press release is talking about at all. Garmin showing strava segments is admitting defeat... they are not doing that so soon after launching their own segments. I wish they would cave though.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ sträva segments on garmin.... nope that is not what this press release is talking about at all. Garmin showing strava segments is admitting defeat... they are not doing that so soon after launching their own segments. I wish they would cave though.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Garmin and Strava have begun collaborating! Now all rides posted on Garmin Connect will sync to Strava.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/08/auto ... mondo.html

nibby

by nibby

Yes and hopefully it wont be long before an option for segments. If Garmin would allow this I think it would have a big upturn in sales of the 1000

nibby

by nibby

spdntrxi wrote:^ sträva segments on garmin.... nope that is not what this press release is talking about at all. Garmin showing strava segments is admitting defeat... they are not doing that so soon after launching their own segments. I wish they would cave though.

No it was the first bit I was talking about re uploading to Strava and it auto appearing on Garmin.

I know segments haven't been but also hoping they see the light and allow this. Why not it must be a win, win for both?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

nibby wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:^ sträva segments on garmin.... nope that is not what this press release is talking about at all. Garmin showing strava segments is admitting defeat... they are not doing that so soon after launching their own segments. I wish they would cave though.

No it was the first bit I was talking about re uploading to Strava and it auto appearing on Garmin.

I know segments haven't been but also hoping they see the light and allow this. Why not it must be a win, win for both?

I agree if wish Garmin would cave in and team up with strava for segments.. that would be awesome. Garmin segments is not user friendly at all.. I guess the auto API is a start in the right direction.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Hbrown

by Hbrown

It would be nice to just make a few clicks and have a Strava segment upload to your 1000. I look forward to this day! Just speaking for myself, I would ride constantly trying to get Kom's, which means I would be riding constantly! My fitness level would be so much better. My life and health would be better also.

We all need reasons to ride. Mine would be going after KOM's!

Now for the money! Garmin sales would go through the roof! Pro's, amatures, (God I can't spell), seasoned cyclists, everyone would want this platform. Imagine instant notification of your status! On all of the Major sites, all leading back to Garmin! Garmin would dominate!

Pro's are Pro's for one reason, at one time they all wanted to win! KOM's are another form of trophies! There is a guy that has over 900 KOM's, and a lady that has over 1300 KOM's.

Bring back competitevness (man I need a thesauras)! Garmin you will make a fortune! And STRAVA will be even Larger if that was even possible! Please allow Strava segments to directly download to our 1000's.

nibby

by nibby

Hbrown

love it :)

It's so obvious that Garmin would sell a hell of a lot more units if they allowed this and you would hope they are currently working with Strava to achieve this.

Fingers crossed it sooner rather than later.

It's the one thing that would make me upgrade from my current edge 800 and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one :)

teslasports

by teslasports

benhama wrote:The Garmin Edge 1000 looks like a good effort at upgrading from the 800 / 810, but I'll still be sticking with my 800. It does all I want on a bike.

yes, at first, i thought too expensive.. but now available for the previous price of the 810... 389 € and 459€ in bundle

welcome to the edge 1000 !!!

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Was having trouble shifting into small cog today not all the time some times. I went into adjustment mode and this poped up on my 1000. Pretty cool.

2old4this

by 2old4this

Do you have eww01?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Yes