Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:19 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 am
Posts: 11
Hi guys, I just owned a Parlee Z5 SLi 2013 model for a couple of months, and I have already noticed that the rubber grommet for the shifter cables (the part where the cables enter the frame) damaged.

1. It pops right in by the pressure from the stiffness of the cables
2. It won't be properly seated in the frame

Any solutions? My bike is fixed up at my local Parlee dealer.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Posts: 604
while its at the Parlee dealer, have them fix it. should be an easy swap with new grommet.

_________________
- AX Lightness Vial EVO D + DA9070 + Enve SES 2.2 Enve carbon hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9070 + Enve 3.4 Tune/Dash hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9070 + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + Campy SR11 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 pm
Posts: 13
Its a really long rubber sleeve that moves a bit during use. Not sure it is an easy swap without re threading the whole outer gear housing to the front and rear mech as they pass all the way through the frame. mine slipped in the frame a bit during cleaning but you can shunt it back using the rear mech cable by pushing from the chain-stay.

Im having a bit of an issue with clicking cables when you turn the bars beyond a certain amount. wondered if anyone had come across this or found a solution?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1386
Location: SYD
i've had drama with mine. i emailed tom at parlee and he sent me a couple of extra ones...

i slotted mine with a razor blade and after installing i wrapped it a few times with plumbers tape to lock in the cables and give it a more 'interference' fit..
it's not perfect but it helps.. really it needs a lip on the front to stop it pulling back into the frame..
realistically the only true solution is to go electric.. its why the frame set is actually designed for :D

_________________
Skunkworks Bikes


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 1386
Location: SYD
dupe

_________________
Skunkworks Bikes


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 pm
Posts: 13
Glad to hear im not the only one... do you get any cable noise from the housing? I really love the frame but want it to be completely silent over rough (UK roads). Im not sure if i mine was installed with the foam cable wraps but it starts the ride silent and after 50 miles seems to become rather noisy as the cables vibrates in the down tube.

I want to keep my SR mechanical and believe the full housing solution to be the right choice over cable stops and sharp internal bends. It requires very little maintenance as its fully sealed and retains shift quality. My only gripe is the noise.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 am
Posts: 11
sugarkane wrote:
i've had drama with mine. i emailed tom at parlee and he sent me a couple of extra ones...

i slotted mine with a razor blade and after installing i wrapped it a few times with plumbers tape to lock in the cables and give it a more 'interference' fit..
it's not perfect but it helps.. really it needs a lip on the front to stop it pulling back into the frame..
realistically the only true solution is to go electric.. its why the frame set is actually designed for :D

This really sucks... Paying top money for a top frameset but with flaws...

joshscott187 wrote:
Glad to hear im not the only one... do you get any cable noise from the housing? I really love the frame but want it to be completely silent over rough (UK roads). Im not sure if i mine was installed with the foam cable wraps but it starts the ride silent and after 50 miles seems to become rather noisy as the cables vibrates in the down tube.

I want to keep my SR mechanical and believe the full housing solution to be the right choice over cable stops and sharp internal bends. It requires very little maintenance as its fully sealed and retains shift quality. My only gripe is the noise.

Mine definitely rattles with rough roads. Even over bumps.

With all of these I'd appreciated externally routed cables.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 pm
Posts: 13
Its a trade off as the fully sealed continuous internal run really protects against any contaminants and preserves shift quality after a downpour. I am also glad its future proofed for if I one day decide to make the jump to EPS. Ask your LBS to check they padded the cable runs inside the frame.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:01 am
Posts: 326
Location: Bay State
Bought 2 custom Z5 frames (non sli) late 2012 before they stopped production of the external cable routing for many of those obvious issues mentioned. I have no intention of going electric shifting at this time. The external cable routing is simpler to maintain, lighter and less likely to be a rain water entry point into the frame. :thumbup:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Parlee Z5 SLi 2013
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:01 am
Posts: 326
Location: Bay State
joshscott187 wrote:
Its a trade off as the fully sealed continuous internal run really protects against any contaminants and preserves shift quality after a downpour. I am also glad its future proofed for if I one day decide to make the jump to EPS. Ask your LBS to check they padded the cable runs inside the frame.


As for contaminants in the cable housing, I resolve that issue with iLinks outers with the inner Teflon housing running the full length of the rear brake and derailleur cables.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Boardman AIR 9.2 2013

in Road

Pirlo

0

237

Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Pirlo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2013 Supersix Value

in Road

eagle34

3

751

Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:32 pm

eagle34 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Parlee z-zero - please God, not a crack...?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

greentimgreen

30

3425

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:27 am

PSM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Parlee Flex Fit

in Road

Enda Marron

11

909

Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:57 pm

kode54 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2013 Canyon Aeroad ??

in Road

therouler

5

525

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:25 pm

sawyer View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited