Campagnolo super record/ record brake shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Curious George

by Curious George

Title says it all, am after brake shoes for campagnolo brakes (have swiss stop carbon pads already).
Have searched all the major on-line dealers (Wiggle, Ribble, CRC) no joy.
Any leads appreciated.

Thx.

brearley

by brearley

you might be better buying some veloce brakes as they're a pita to find just the shoes.
alternatively just buy some aftermarket brake shoes and fit shimano shape pads which are easier to fit anyway?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Curious George

by Curious George

Bought the pads already :(
In the past I have bought the yellow king pads and shoes, but wanted to try the Black Prince this go around.
Figured that it shouldn't be hard to find the brake shoes....well I appear to be very wrong!

mrd

by mrd

Not hard at all. Original/genuine black record/super record shies and pads £67 plus delivery on ebay

my solution: jag wire shoes and pads campag specific, black, about £10 a pair on ebay

I have 2 pairs of unbranded ones that look just like the originals, from just before the latest cutout who version. I use them with swissstop black prince pads and the holders work and look just like the original shoes holding my bxp pads for aluminium rims.

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Easy to find? Shinybikes normally have them, as do many of the other on line shops? I bought 2 sets last week.

Attermann

by Attermann

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

We have stock, too - £67.00 plus P and P ... :-)
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

dj97223

by dj97223

If you just need to switch pads (e.g., for your carbon rims), I think it is easier and much faster to replace the pads on the bike than to replace the shoes (at least for 10 speed). The pads can be pried out with a small screwdriver, and new pads inserted by hand if you first wet the back of the pad with rubbing alcohol. Some pads are a little more difficult than others, but Swiss Stop seem to be the easiest to push in.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

c50jim

by c50jim

I think the OP may be looking for the newer model brake shoes that have little tabs that make them easy to change. I've also noticed that the online stores still seem to have only the old ones that required the screwdriver.

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

atakaoka

by atakaoka

cycling,a great individual sport,were you can't reach anything,whithout group effort.

Curious George

by Curious George

atakaoka wrote:are you talking about this?
http://www.totalcycling.com/en/Campagno ... 18738.aspx

Those are the pads (have some swiss stop black prince's), but I am after the brake shoes aka pad holders

Curious George

by Curious George

Attermann wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150847369114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

these are great!

Look to be the wrong shape (pre- 2011's)

Curious George

by Curious George

Harmitc wrote:Easy to find? Shinybikes normally have them, as do many of the other on line shops? I bought 2 sets last week.

Shiny bikes don't have campagnolo brake shoes on their website, only replacement pads

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Apologies! I thought you just wanted the pads! Should have paid more attention! Hope you've found a supplier.