Focus Izalco Extreme 2010 - ISP extension?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LiKuid

by LiKuid

I am in the market to change my current road bike and found a 2010 Focus Izalco extreme running Campy SR and the stock Mavic SLR clinchers.
Bike is in super pristine condition and i am seriously thinking of closing the deal.
I only have one thing that bothers me... The frame has an integrated seatpost and it seems it has been cut a bit lower than what would fit me. Do you know how much i can raise the seat without affecting the riding characteristics of the frame? Is there any adapter that i can use between the seat and the post that could give me an extra cm? Maybe i do not even need teh extra length, but i would like to know once i put my hands on the bike, as i only want to go there once and close the deal.

Thanks for your help...

PS: as it is weight weenies here, do you know what kind of weight i should expect from that bike?

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Do you know your BB - Saddle/Saddle Rail height? I am confused when you say it 'seems' to have been cut a bit lower, is that just through eyeballing a picture or measurements?

If you do need to raise the saddle height there are a couple of options - find a saddle with a taller rail and therefore overall height to make up the difference (even padding can affect a saddle height) good if its a small distance off being the correct height. Or alternatively depending on the seatpost diameter you can use an ISP topper that allows for shimming FSA make a couple of options.

Good Luck

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deltree

by deltree

Normal seatpost toppers usually have 15-20mm of adjustment. KCNC make a 120mm version that has about 60-70mm depending on offset. I'm not sure about the OD of the mast though. Search the forums I'm sure plenty of people have had one of those here.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

My topper is also of this basic type, and in the case of my arrangement is sits against the very top edge of the seat tube. However, they are supposed to allow of the order of 2-3cm up or down movement, but I have never tested this claim in practice. My guess is that you might get some slippage, even if you rough up the tube and use carbon paste.

deltree

by deltree

Yep, that's why it's always a good idea to keep the excess that's cut off the mast. That way you can cut that waste piece down and use it as a shim to avoid slippage.

LiKuid

by LiKuid

Thanks for the replies guys.
I decided to act first, think later and got the bike.

Love the frame colours and the design. :D

Haven't had the time to ride it yet, but hope thats gonna happen soon.

Crappy phone pic below

Cheers! :beerchug:
Last edited by LiKuid on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deltree

by deltree

what size frame is that? Looks like 72-73cm BB-top of saddle no? Also what's the weight?

LiKuid

by LiKuid

bb-top το saddle is 75cm.
The frame is a size L

don't know weight yet :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com