Syntace carbon P6 HiFlex & Di2 internal battery

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Hi!

I purchased the Syntace Carbon P6 HiFlex seatpost in 27.2 x 400 for my new build with Di2 internal battery. However, I cannot insert more than 50mm of the battery inside the seatpost: it seems the wall thickness changes along the length of the seatpost (it is also not perfectly round… it more like oval).

I don’t need all 400mm, and I would cut around 100mm anyway. But I cannot know before cutting it if it will actually fit the battery or not. Is anyone using this seatpost and could fit the internal battery inside it?

Thanks!

rmerka

by rmerka

I have one on my MTB and out of curiosity I checked to see if it would fit because it's such a nice post I considered getting one for the road bike. I'm pretty sure the variable thickness of the post runs the full length as it's considered a feature of the post to give it it's flexibility and when I trimmed my post it was still thick/thin at the cut. An alternative would be to just mount the battery below the post in the seat tube with a string to pull it out if you need to, just an idea.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com