planet x cnc ultra light brake calipers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KTCY

by KTCY

Hey guys, i'm not sure whether this has been discussed before.
Is regarding the latest version of dual pivot Planet X CNC ultra light brake calipers. Am thinking to purchase via online and have it deliver to me

Now the question is, is the braking power good enough if compare to Sram force 22 brake set ? And will setup be tedious ?

SOrry if this question been asked before. ANd please direct me to the thread if someone already answer it.

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I haven't personally used them, but I did research them a lot. From what I've read on here, the braking power is pretty good, but it's not as good as the SRAM's. Setup can be a little tricky, but overall it's not a big deal. You just need to follow the instructions.

A bunch of info on them in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60313&hilit=Planet+X+brakes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Planet X are well known as the best value for money light weight brakeset money can buy.

Whether they are better or less effective than SRAM, I do not know. However, there are reports of them being less effective than Campagnolo or Shimano brakesets. At the end of the day, I suspect that any difference will be negligible in normal use. The real question is whether you want very light brakes or very good brakes. Personally, I choose the latter and use Campagnolo. You may have different priorities.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

:search: There are plenty of threads on this forum about these brakes, probably more than any other brakeset I would say

trychle

by trychle

There are indeed a lot of topics on these brakes. But if I were you, I would not hesitate to buy them.

I've used them for the last couple of days and they have absolutely impressed me. In my opinion they are far better than Ultegra 6700, Force and perhaps even the Sram aerolink brakes.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Trychle, you might rethink that position when using those brakes bombing off a 2500m passo...

trychle

by trychle

You might have a point there.. :wink:

Although I don't think it will be a major issue, as I only weigh 58kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com