KCNC titanium shift cable with Campagnolo Ultrashift?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dreweckhardt

by dreweckhardt

Is the KCNC titanium shift cable head Camapgnolo (Ultrashift) compatible?

I've never been happy with Campagnolo right shift cable life, my first cable was even shorter lived after I upgraded to Ultrashift, and the superior fatigue characteristics of titanium are attractive.

tantra

by tantra

I think the KCNC Ti gear cables come with adapters that support both Campy and Shimano shifters. In my experience, the Ti cables shifted poorly because of stretch. The brake cables were also quite terrible for the same reason. I could pull my brake lever all the way back until it hit the bar. Stainless cables in the same housings did not do that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

tantra wrote:I think the KCNC Ti gear cables come with adapters that support both Campy and Shimano shifters. In my experience, the Ti cables shifted poorly because of stretch. The brake cables were also quite terrible for the same reason. I could pull my brake lever all the way back until it hit the bar. Stainless cables in the same housings did not do that.

I think you need to redo your cable setup. I am using them on two bikes with no issues whatsoever. They work identical to standard steel cables but much lighter.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Drew the Ti cables should work for you. I would not do it for superior cable-life though. The teflon coating is pretty delicate.
Re: tantra comments, ignore them, it is universally acknowledged that his was a set-up issue. I have over 6,000k on my set, braking and shifting are perfect (SRAM Red).

I am pretty sure any brake cable stretch would have been identified after descending almost 9000 vertical metres yesterday.

http://app.strava.com/activities/128428512
http://app.strava.com/activities/128429359
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;