Silca is back...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FlemishCompact

by FlemishCompact

yeah... that's what i was thinking.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mriddle

by mriddle

commendatore wrote:Its $46. Looks like quality, and made in the US to boot... but really, forty-six freakin' dollars for an air chuck?

I recently purchased some parts for my Silca Super Pista. Silca's new website is significantly more expensive than their dealers. As an example, I purchased a new presta chuck for $18 from Universal, Silca.cc was $35 for the same part. So shop around.

Geoff

by Geoff

Damn. I was hoping you were going to report that Josh was doing a carbon Impero, or something.

kac

by kac

I have a Silca floor pump that I purchased new in 1984. Aside from replacing the hose, chuck and the leather gizmo that goes inside once, I've had no problems whatsoever. I'm glad a quality manufacturer is still around!

KAC

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Geoff wrote:Damn. I was hoping you were going to report that Josh was doing a carbon Impero, or something.

I wouldn't be surprised down the road... I think it's trying to recreate a couple of the classic bits first and make sure the materials are right (and that they're still replaceable parts etc).

The Disc wheel chuck was first, the C02 head 2nd. I know frame and floor pumps are on the way...

uraqt

by uraqt

kac wrote:I have a Silca floor pump that I purchased new in 1984. Aside from replacing the hose, chuck and the leather gizmo that goes inside once, I've had no problems whatsoever. I'm glad a quality manufacturer is still around!

KAC

1984 is brand new : ) when they changed the base I spent 6 months on ebay buying old ones for pennies on the dollar : ) There is a whole thread about pumps with pix : )

C

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=105593&p=903705#p903705

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Pez, can you please ask him to recreate the Silca Impero plastic frame heads which were light but basically don't work? Back in the day, everyone got the Campy steel heads, which worked, except you had to keep on replacing the rubber "feet". I still have some retired units which are laying behind my backup bike (singular, ha ha) .

I guess the Silca plastic heads were replaceable - you replaced them with Campy steel heads.

Geoff

by Geoff

The rubber feet?! We threw those away immediately and just shaped the legs with a pair of pliers until they fit perfectly! I hope they make a carbon Impero.