Fulcrum Racing Zero Spokes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rg255

by rg255

I'm thinking of buying new wheels and considering the Fulcrum Racing Zero 2014 clincher wheelset as my best option (based on price, weight, aero, and stiffness needs). Something to think about though is spoke replacement, if the spokes cost a lot to replace, or are plain impossible to buy (I've had a google and not found many sites selling them) then the wheels become an inviable option! Where can I order replacement spokes for this wheelset?
Currently upgrading 2010 Specialized Allez Sport Triple (Soon the only original parts will be the frame & forks!)
2014: Skandisloppet 156 km, Gran Fondo Stockholm 150 km, Vätternrundan 300 km.
186cm, on-season ~71kg (80kg in the off), 41 bpm HR

corky

by corky

I've had mine for 5 years..... no broken spokes.

Ebay is always a good place to find 'em, also you know that the racing zero is the same wheel as the campagnolo Shamal...... so try looking for spokes for these wheels.

They are great wheels......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rg255

by rg255

corky wrote: you know that the racing zero is the same wheel as the campagnolo Shamal...

I didn't but do now, they come in at £100 cheaper so I think I've just converted to the Shamal wheelset! Thanks for the tip off
Currently upgrading 2010 Specialized Allez Sport Triple (Soon the only original parts will be the frame & forks!)
2014: Skandisloppet 156 km, Gran Fondo Stockholm 150 km, Vätternrundan 300 km.
186cm, on-season ~71kg (80kg in the off), 41 bpm HR

neeb

by neeb

You will almost certainly only need to replace a spoke if you crash or otherwise physically damage the wheel, they are very solid. The spokes can be had, you just need to shop around. I managed to replace a spoke on a badly crashed Eurus recently and true the wheel, and it is as good as new.