Enve Post - Selle Italia Saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

melbnut

by melbnut

Evening all,

I am currently running a enve post with the oversize rails and a romin s works saddle. I wanted to give the selle italia slr kit carbonio flow a go and went to fit it tonight. For some reason the rails do not seem to sit flush with the top part of the enve post clamp. Its as though that are a mm to wide or something. Has anyone come across this issue? Does this post just not match the saddle or have i managed to get a defective set of rails on my saddle?

Help appreciated :)

lannes

by lannes

can you post a image of the problem ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

I've run into seats and posts who disagree on the standard width of saddle rails.

I squeeze or spread the rails as needed to fit the post. The saddle base will flex. So far I have not broken one.

melbnut

by melbnut

thanks for the advice. the store said.. hmm 1mm thats within tolerance. Just force it.. i said ok but if it breaks its your problem.. have squeezed it into the rails. Now to trial it.. as much as i loved the romin it just couldnt get it to be perfect. Now time to try a selle italia.

But saying that it does look a little weird.. black bike with orange highlights now running a white saddle :)