Out of stock - Internal Di2 Batteries

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RexWrecks

by RexWrecks

I am having a charging issue with my internal Di2 battery.

In an attempt to replace the battery I was informed by my LBS that the distributor is out of stock until early April at the soonest.

Additionally very few people seem to have them in stock - NO ONE carries them locally.

It seems that the battery is a CRITICAL part of the whole set up and Shimano would have these in abundance.

IMO batteries are now the equivalent of cables, tubes, tires, etc. so I am a little frustrated that they are a special order item.

It's freaked me out so much that I have decided to get an external battery set up and get an extra battery as well.

A concern for potential battery issues was my original hesitation to purchasing the system in the first place.

Anyone else having issues?

upside

by upside

Where are you from? I just checked with Trek and they have 5 in stock. I have set up several internal batteries and have never had an issue, so yours is an isolated issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RexWrecks

by RexWrecks

Thanks for the reply.

Sacramento.

Do you stock it in your shop?

I need it today . . . LOL - so I'm SOL - since it's a special order.

Anyway totally agree that it's an isolated issue - but so is a flat tire - I don't get them very often but when I need a spare tube - I need a spare tube.

Ironically I could easily get a replacement for the other components today - just not a battery.

Just saying - this is a critical component - the whole drive train is dependent on this one item so if a bike shop sells Di2 they should stock the battery.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Shimano hasn't had much of anything in stock once complete kits have been sold with the newer Di2 9070 line.

I needed a new strap/hook for the junction box to attach to the stem, it took nearly 3 months for them to get the parts in stock.

Just showed up over a week ago.

Kind of silly I know as you have pointed out...no electricity, no Di2.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Quality has 66 in stock. Not sure where you are attempting to get one from.
carbonLORD.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

QBP is showing 0 in stock.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Briscoelab wrote:QBP is showing 0 in stock.

Just logged in, just took a screen grab...

carbonLORD.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Weird, when I checked before they weren't there. Now, getting the same stock as you.

QBP's new website has been having some teething problems... not the first time I've seen different users getting different info.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Briscoelab wrote:Weird, when I checked before they weren't there. Now, getting the same stock as you.

QBP's new website has been having some teething problems... not the first time I've seen different users getting different info.

Yeah, I'm still accessing the old one.
carbonLORD.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com