Diameter of ilinks and nokon beads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

My current frame has its rear brake cable routed through the frame. This frame is a replacement for my late Isaac Proton. The company took great care of me by giving me a 2013/14 frame as a replacement. With the changing of the model year the routing through the TT has changed as well.
As a result my inner thigh is now rubbing the brake cable at every pedalstroke.
Needles to say this is quite annoying and i was thinking that i may cure the issue with nokons or ilinks. Both systems have been on my bike before, both have their weaknesses and strenghts. For looks, i like the nokons better.
Can those of you, who ride with one of the systems check the diameter of the brake cable with callipers, please?

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Krackor

by Krackor

It's not iLinks or Nokon, but I've got some of the Jagwire Links here. 5.02mm at the ends of a link segment, 4.36mm in the center of the concave contour. I recently installed the Jagwire shifter + brake system on the new Felt AR1 (internal brake routing to the chainstay-mounted rear brake).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hillrider

by hillrider

Alligater I-links,5.4mm at the widest part of the link,4.5mm at the narrowist part.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Nokons measure 5.0mm.

A smaller dia option would be Aican Bungurus @ 4.0mm.