White low profile saddle for heavy rider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Hey guys,

I love the design of my Selle Italia Kit Carbonio but unfortunately it is not the right saddle for me.
Yesterday I recognized that the saddle is worn out. I do not know if it cracked but there is a recess (is this the right word?)
in the dam area. It seems that this saddle is not stable enough for me.

If it would not also be to narrow for me I would not care and buy it again but I think a 140mm wide saddle would
actually fit better.

I now have difficulties in finding a good looking, white, low profile, stable 140mm saddle which I can use with my Ritchey
carbon seatpost.

Do you guys have any recommendation?

I like the Fizik Antares R1 Braided but could only find it in black.
The Selle Italia Flite Kit Carbonio seems to be an option although I am not sure if I like its nose area.

Hope you guys can help me.

Cheers
Alex

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

My sitbone width is 120mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrobart

by jrobart

Try the Specialized Romin Pro. Comes in both 143 and 155. I have them on 3 bikes and love them!
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Edit: The Speci saddles do not work together with my seatpost.

"NOTE: Oversized 7x9mm carbon rails are not compatible with seatposts equipped with side-load clamp mechanisms for 7mm round rails"
Last edited by Spaetzle on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drchull

by drchull

I am a bigger guy and also like a wider saddle.
I have ridden all of the Antares other than the newly redesigned Vs. I find the 00 to be in a different world compared to the braided. I found the braided to be less comfortable than the metal railed one. It just isn't firm enough where the 00 has a much stiffer shell.
I have recently added a Selle Italia SLR Max gel flow. it is 145mm at the wings, not really low profile or light but has a great wide channel and is the best saddle for longer rides and the high g-forces of the velodrome that I have tried. Makes me feel old putting such a cushy saddle on the bike though. Not as ugly as something like a ISM.

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

drchull wrote:I am a bigger guy and also like a wider saddle.
I have ridden all of the Antares other than the newly redesigned Vs. I find the 00 to be in a different world compared to the braided. I found the braided to be less comfortable than the metal railed one. It just isn't firm enough where the 00 has a much stiffer shell.
I have recently added a Selle Italia SLR Max gel flow. it is 145mm at the wings, not really low profile or light but has a great wide channel and is the best saddle for longer rides and the high g-forces of the velodrome that I have tried. Makes me feel old putting such a cushy saddle on the bike though. Not as ugly as something like a ISM.

So this is the Fizik you recommend? http://www.fizik.it/sattel/rennrad/antares-00-4/white/

Fiery

by Fiery

Spaetzle wrote:Edit: The Speci saddles do not work together with my seatpost.

"NOTE: Oversized 7x9mm carbon rails are not compatible with seatposts equipped with side-load clamp mechanisms for 7mm round rails"

Ritchey provides a replacement clamp for ovalized carbon rails. Example (just the first link that popped up on Google, no idea if it's a good price): http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ritchey-seat-po ... on-1-bolt/

BTW, the seat post you're talking about isn't the one on the picture you posted, correct?

drchull

by drchull

Yes, that is the one.

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Fiery wrote:
Spaetzle wrote:Edit: The Speci saddles do not work together with my seatpost.

BTW, the seat post you're talking about isn't the one on the picture you posted, correct?

It is the One on the picture. I do not want to buy a new one.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

That post looks like the 2-bolt WCS (i.e. not side-loading) -> you should be fine with the 'rectangular' rails on Fizik braided saddles...

drchull

by drchull

There is an adaptor for the ritchey post. Though if post above is correct nvm

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Thanks for the good tips. I just ordered the Selle Italia Flite Kit Carbonio since it was relatively cheap.
http://www.selleitalia.com/en/prodotti/ ... rbonio.png
I hope it looks good and is stable enough for me.

If this doesn't work out I will try the Prologo next and then the Fizik.

asdf123

by asdf123

Please share the feelings after you ride it.

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Since its wider its much more comfortable for me. I am afraid that it is not more stable but maybe it will still last a little bit longer, because the weight is spread on more surface.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com