White low profile saddle for heavy rider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Ok. The Selle Italia Flite Kit Carbonio was not strong enough for me.
I always slide ahead to the thin area of the saddle and sit in directly in the middle of the saddle. This is the area that brakes.

I need a saddle that is a little bit more robust. Leightweight saddle and heavy rider seem not to match.
Any recommendations on a white saddle, about 145mm width, more robust than the super lightweight saddles but still good looking?

Rascal

by Rascal

I and my 200lbs are very comfortable on Selle San Marco Carbon Aspide FX. Currently running this saddle (7X9 carbon rails) on two bikes, both with Ritchey carbon seatposts; one top load & the other a side load. The one-bolt side loader does require the Ritchey 7x9 clamp kit, but the 2-bolt top load design does not - both work perfectly. The saddle weighs 134g and is available in white.
-Giant TCR
-CAAD5
-Klein Rascal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

I just ordered a Selle San Marco Regale FX Carbon since it was recommended to me as more stable. The Aspide looks good but not more stable than a 135g Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio which lastet not very long.

Rascal

by Rascal

I have been on the Aspide FX for many years & miles - going back to the titanium rail days before the CF rail versions. It has been a very robust and durable saddle in my experience.
-Giant TCR
-CAAD5
-Klein Rascal

swiftvelo

by swiftvelo

The reason your sliding forward is from a saddle too narrow. If you don't support your sit bones, you'll never comfortable.
I ride the Romin Pro carbon rails 180 grams in a 168mm. Best seat ever. One thing I found was, now that I'm sitting on my sit bones I've lengthened my stem 20mm. I'm not trying to roll my pelvis back.

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Now that I ordered the Selle San Marco I will try it. And with 152mm its wider than the old one. If this one wont work I will try the Romin.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Stats

by Stats

drchull wrote:...I have ridden all of the Antares...I find the 00 to be in a different world compared to the braided...It just isn't firm enough where the 00 has a much stiffer shell...

It's funny you say this ^ - because I had been using the carbon railed Antares and found the 00 to be noticeably different (more comfortable) too - I thought it was just a weird 'me' thing because it was on a different bike...

OP - I have been using a Selle Italia SLR Superflow 145 and it has been a great saddle to reduce numbness of my front bits, whilst also being wide enough to be more comfortable for a bigger bloke.