Strong wives club

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

We all love our bikes but..... how many of us have wives or girlfreinds that we have trouble dropping on a tough training ride? My wife is an extraordinary woman - incredibly strong, able to compete with me at any sport (not to mention very smart and cute). Sometimes I wonder why I am so lucky.

I have to hide her face in the attached picture because she is a prominent official in government. Please keep in mind this picture was taken just after waking up and she did not have time to get fully pumped. As you can see she spends a fair bit of time with weights but she works just as hard on the bike.

I guess the question is who trains with their wife/GF?

On the equipment side I am looking for a wheelset for her. She is light at 115 pounds and the focus should be on ride comfort and handling. She lacks confidence in corners. Everyone says Topolino's are the best in this regard, but I just can't bring myself to put something so odd looking on her Litespeed. Suggestions (about the wheels :wink: ) welcome.
Attachments
Muscles 001.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ALx

by ALx

thats a girl :shock: and only 115 pound?? you're joking right?? i don't have those kind of arms and i'm 165 pound :shock: :shock:
Sprinters are born not made

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

she definitely looks strong and athletic....which gov't? us or canadian or some other country....

ebay_special

by ebay_special

Well I can drop my wife but that's hardly the point is it ? She's extremely competent - like your wife, not that good in corners, but she's out there doing her best on the sunday ride - and that's worthy of anyone's respect.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

which gov't? us or canadian or some other country....

Sorry confidentiality will be maintained - don't want to make her angry do I? :wink:

thats a girl and only 115 pound?? you're joking right?? i don't have those kind of arms and i'm 165 pound

She is only 5 feet 2 inches tall.

keithster

by keithster

well we know who wears the pants in your house! :wink:
she looks like she can kick some @##!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

ALx

by ALx

[/quote]

She is only 5 feet 2 inches tall.[/quote]

ho.. sorry :? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :?
Sprinters are born not made

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

Mr.Gib: I'm sorry to say that the Topolinos would be the best choice I can imagine for your wife. Don't be surprised if you enjoy them too. I found one of their strongest traits was smooth tracking in rough corners that would have other sub 1400 gram clinchers chattering wide. Yeah, they look kinda wierd, but they're quick, unbelievably smooth and hold their true no matter what you throw at them. Ride some yourself before you decide for her based on looks alone.

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

Same here. A Buddy just put Topo's on his $6800 2006 Lightspeed Vortex.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

So it sounds like Topolino's are the key to everyones handling issues. The other thing I am worried about is that if the company ever dies you are out of luck for any repairs.

1centaur

by 1centaur

Some things are worth worrying about and some are not. If the absolute worst downside is that you have to throw away wheels after 2-3 years of happy use because they can't be repaired, that's not a bad downside. Then factor in that the wheel seems very durable, that the company is doing great (it appears), and that the intellectual knowledge to repair the wheels probably would not die with the company, and the odds of financial loss become pretty low. Finally, consider the nature of the problem that could not be repaired by a third party - broken spokes. In all the Topo threads over the last several years I have heard of that once (major accident). If Topos actually are the solution to a comfortable ride (and I agree that they are the most comfortable wheel around), the trade-off between risk and reward looks very favorable, which is all you can ask for in life - it's an odds game.

tommy

by tommy

where are her boobs? :roll:

TunedCannondaleR700

by TunedCannondaleR700

Mr, Gib
I Thought that I should point out to you that if keeping your wifes face secret is your priority, then it was propably a ad idea to post a picture with her face in the training forum. :lol: :oops:
Cannondale is quite simply the best

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I Thought that I should point out to you that if keeping your wifes face secret is your priority, then it was propably a ad idea to post a picture with her face in the training forum.

Yes but that picture is smaller, from the side and less obvious. Different then full face. Besides she is not CIA just a bit in the public eye. Perhaps I will edit it. Thanks

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

where are her boobs?

They are trapped under her biceps. They are actually quite nice, it's just that the pose conceals them. Glad I could address your concerns. :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com