Looking for Campa brake black Torx screws.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NGlaze

by NGlaze

Ola,

I'm looking for black Torx screws to replace my current silver/chrome ones on my Record brakes. Weight is not the issue here (please shoot me for that one...) but it annoys the crap out of me that my bike is almost tutti Green and black/carbon and that there are these 'giant' chrome spots on it thanks to the Torx screws. I know I need help ;-) so please if someone could tell me the exact model of the screw or where I could find these it would be of great help.

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

If you have calipers, you can measure the size of the bolt. They will be standard metric bolts. Measure the diameter of the thread section of the bolt. When threads are cut outside diameter will be reduced a bit. So a 5mm bolt will have a thread diameter measurement of something like 4.9mm. Then measure the length of the bolt, excluding the head. For example, if you measure 20mm, then you would have an M5x20 bolt.

In the U.S, I get my bolts from http://www.fastener-express.com, but they only sell in bulk. For bits and pieces, I buy from Toronto Cycles.

Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NGlaze

by NGlaze

Thanks, I've looked at your link, but come to think of it: they're not really a screws but the outside caps that hold the brakepad in place, you can see them on the picture, they're the 4 silver thingies on the outside of the systems

vinceflynow

by vinceflynow

That part is actually a nut that screws onto the bolt attached to the brake shoe. Campagnolo calls it the Brake Shoe Bolt, and the part number is BR-RE041. I'm unsure where you would be able to find that part in black.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

A tin of enamel paint and a small brush might be your only friend.

tommasini

by tommasini

Toronto Cycles has black colored Ti bolts of various types/sizes. I'm pretty sure they don't have torx in that black Ti and don't think they have a "nut" style like Campy is......but they do have a black Ti Shimano bolt and nut version that might work for you.

Scroll down on this page to the bottom left

http://www.torontocycles.com/Selling/Bl ... Bolts.html

Irish

by Irish

NGlaze

by NGlaze

When it comes to braking it's safety first I guess, I don't think I can see something that is simular to the Campy cap, so maybe the paint job seems the only option, somehow I prefer a black nut and not an painted one, so I'll just keep on looking. Nice green stuff from Tiso btw, got an team mate that has the exact same color green, personally I want all components as black as possible, the frame is the eyecatcher and I think having the rest of the bike in plain black really makes for an nice combination, the green nuts are nice, but it would make my bike somewhat of an circus freak.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Maybe a different brake shoe is available in black if you don't mind it not being Campag.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

NGlaze: have you considered sending them to an ano shop for treatment? Depends how badly you want the black, I guess.

BRM

by BRM

NGlaze wrote:Ola,

I'm looking for black Torx screws to replace my current silver/chrome ones on my Record brakes. Weight is not the issue here (please shoot me for that one...) but it annoys the crap out of me that my bike is almost tutti Green and black/carbon and that there are these 'giant' chrome spots on it thanks to the Torx screws. I know I need help ;-) so please if someone could tell me the exact model of the screw or where I could find these it would be of great help.

If you are bothered that these these torxs are alu colored why you dont bother with the rest of the brake parts that are also alu colored? Personally when I would see your bike with these torx in black I would think you would have mounted some aftermarket cheapo brackeshoes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nitemare

by Nitemare

Part # BR-80041 - 80th Anniversary brake shoe bolt in black ...

http://anniversary.campagnolo.com/en/anniversary pictures availble here ...

Hope this helps??

Nitemare :)